Confirmed with Link: Ned is back! 2x2.5m

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
You do realize we were 13th overall in goals against and tied for 8th in save percentage in the league....our goalies were not the reason we missed the playoffs...I like the Ned signing personally
No, we were 31st in all goalie stats and that's why we missed the POs.

Oh, wait, that was PP%. Nevermind.

• Haha
Reactions: Ulf5

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Horrible contract. Completely overpaid for a guy who is below average.

I have stated many times that Ned should definitely not make more than he made last season or really more than it costs to send him down with no cap penalty.

And no, if this means that they trade Jarry does not make this contract a good one. This is Noel Accari all over again.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Trading Jarry is fine if who replaces him is better.
If Ned regresses to Detroit Ned and Blomqvist has growing pains at this level, you miss the playoffs by default right there.

Ned was ok. Below average out of goalies with 30+ starts. Think we're kinda overhyping a hot streak and projecting it onto a full season as starter.
But at 2.5M x 2 it's not really an issue i guess.
Ned definitely wore out and his warts started to show at seasons' end. Despite that, Sully saw fit to start him in 15 of the last 19 games after he replaced Jarry in the Rags game.
And even though Ned wasn't a superstar in those last 15 games, the team won 9 and Ned got them to OT in 3 others with a chance to win.
That's probably more support than Jarry has given in the second half of seasons when games matter the most.
I think he can improve on .902, 2.97 with his workload spread out a bit more.

We missed the playoffs because of a 31st ranked PP and finishing, both of which have nothing to do with goaltending.
Seems like kind of a forced narrative.

I'm more interested to see what they do to fix the real problems.
How was our power play ranked after Bunting came in? Did it improve at all?

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I don't care about the numbers

I'm not being objective

Jarry is that coworker who you see and just hate more every day

I don't even get why yall defending him so much, in any case

This team is flawed and miscast, with no budget and no intelligence on what to spend that budget on and a contentment to let the PP self-imolate for an entire season without so much as finding a bucket of water, it really won't matter if Jarry is here being top 15.

And, if it won't matter, I don't want to see his smarmy assed face anymore. That's the crux of my argument. Murray 2.0

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Jarry being a turd, Ned being more likeable and cheaper for the same results, a past due coach, shit defensive structure, ass power play, soft players, middling tweener wingers burning up space, guys with no discernable traits to their game...

These can all be true boys. You don't need to lead all problems back to a core issue. You can solve one issue while still having a core issue.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I don't care about the numbers

I'm not being objective

Jarry is that coworker who you see and just hate more every day

I don't even get why yall defending him so much, in any case

This team is flawed and miscast, with no budget and no intelligence on what to spend that budget on and a contentment to let the PP self-imolate for an entire season without so much as finding a bucket of water, it really won't matter if Jarry is here being top 15.

And, if it won't matter, I don't want to see his smarmy assed face anymore. That's the crux of my argument. Murray 2.0
Maybe I just have a real good ignore list, but the closest thing I see defence of Jarry is "he's mid" or "there haven't been any really good options available to replace him." Go back to the old MAF threads to see what delusional copium really looks like.

So far the best goalie to move since Jarry re-signed was Markstrom. Can you even tell who is who looking at their stats for the last 4 years:

.909, .919, .909, .903
.904, .922, .892, .905

And the price for this "upgrade" would have been POJ and a first round pick.

Jarry is not good value for money. That's still no reason to piss away assets just to get a different clown in the clown car.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Like it or not, there's no way we're getting better goaltending on the trade market, we basically just have to hope some of our goalie prospects develop well.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maybe I just have a real good ignore list, but the closest thing I see defence of Jarry is "he's mid" or "there haven't been any really good options available to replace him." Go back to the old MAF threads to see what delusional copium really looks like.

So far the best goalie to move since Jarry re-signed was Markstrom. Can you even tell who is who looking at their stats for the last 4 years:

.909, .919, .909, .903
.904, .922, .892, .905

And the price for this "upgrade" would have been POJ and a first round pick.

Jarry is not good value for money. That's still no reason to piss away assets just to get a different clown in the clown car.

I'm not really wanting to move Jarry to get an upgrade, my main 2 reasons for wanting to move him are:

1. I want to open up a long-term spot for Blomqvist, and you're going to have to trade Jarry sometime between this off-season or next off-season to do that.
2. I want to recover some assets and striking in a hot goalie market right now with Jarry is a good way to do that.

What I'd want to do is something like Jarry to Ottawa for Anthon Forsberg and a 2nd, run with Nedjelkovic-Forsberg for a year and then run with Nedjelkovic-Blomqvist starting in 2025.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'm not really wanting to move Jarry to get an upgrade, my main 2 reasons for wanting to move him are:

1. I want to open up a long-term spot for Blomqvist, and you're going to have to trade Jarry sometime between this off-season or next off-season to do that.
2. I want to recover some assets and striking in a hot goalie market right now with Jarry is a good way to do that.

What I'd want to do is something like Jarry to Ottawa for Anthon Forsberg and a 2nd, run with Nedjelkovic-Forsberg for a year and then run with Nedjelkovic-Blomqvist starting in 2025.
That's reasonable too. I just think a lot of people are overestimating how easy it is to get even comparable performance from a replacement goalie to what Jarry gives you.

The goalie market usually has somewhere between 0 and 1 guy you'd trust to be a starter available each year. It's not like the forward market where if you miss on Guentzel or Reinhardt you can focus on a Bertuzzi or Stamkos. If Hellebuyck decides he's not leaving Winnipeg you get... Tristan Jarry or Jonas Korpisalo.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I really don't think we're any worse off just getting another stop gap guy this year and then putting Blomqvist in there next year. What's the worst thing that's gonna happen? We play Sullivan hockey all year and miss the playoffs for the third time in a row?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I really don't think we're any worse off just getting another stop gap guy this year and then putting Blomqvist in there next year. What's the worst thing that's gonna happen? We play Sullivan hockey all year and miss the playoffs for the third time in a row?
I'd be fine with sending Jarry out for a pick and signing Stolarz to the same deal Ned just got, but I don't want them to fall into the trap of paying up for a Markstrom level "upgrade"

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
For all of the criticism that gets thrown at Sullivan on here, I don't understand why people here never say "Sullivan sucks because he's overusing Jarry early in the year, which is causing Jarry to break down and suck in the second half of the year". It's always just "Jarry sucks because he breaks down in the second half of the year".

Through December 31st, Jarry had a .916 save% while he played in 24 of 34 games for the Penguins. I don't know why Sullivan has never thought "maybe I should ease Jarry's usage early in the season so he doesn't break down later in the season".

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Oh great, Jarry's BFF is back to defend the "tired" choker with limey slang.

Anyone questioning TJ's lack of clutch is a:
Pillock
Blighter
Git
Ninny
Plonker
Prat
Tosser
Bedswerver
Canadian Dollar
Chav
Fopdoodle
Lummox
Numpty
Bugger
Cumberworld
Minger
Scrubber
Wazzock
Abydocomist
Afternoon Farmer

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Getting rid of Jarry (for nothing if needed, and that's close to what they'll get), and running Ned + Blomqvist is exactly the type of gamble they need right now. It's one of the only gambles they can take with an actual chance of working out. Ned is your #1 to start the year, and you get Blom experience and confidence in easier matchups to spell Ned, and hope he can get hot and you can ride lightning in the playoffs. If not, Ned gives you a chance at least.

We can actually take a swing with our cap space preferably in a trade with a cap-strapped team. I'm not sure I want Jake back at his cap hit, but it becomes perfectly viable then. You can bury Graves on pair 3 with St. Ivany without it killing your cap.

I don't even hate O'Connor and Bunting as your top 6 wings if it means you can add some legit players to your bottom 6. Or hell, bring back Jake with that extra cash, that helps the bottom six too.

People thinking Jarry brings back a 1st like Markstrom are smoking something. Though I do like to think there's some idiot out there who will take Jarry at full cap for a 5th or something, or more likely in sending us a Goodrow type contract and player back. Which would have more value to us than Jarry.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
If there’s a trade for Jarry you better trade him. Sign a guy like Talbot, who was pretty good for L.A. last season, for one year and see what happens with Blomqvist.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Pens simply need futures, so of course you trade Jarrs in this seller's market.
Who their goalies are right now doesn't really matter. It's not gonna save them or destroy them. There's not enough on this team to be a threat to do anything.
100%!!!!! The more futures, and the higher the quality of the futures, the better. Haase interviewed our hero and Kyle said picks, prospects and their development are paramount as to what this team is focused on. The current on ice product doesn't matter all that much as we're not going anywhere for a while. Well, we should tank but...

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad