Confirmed with Link: Ned is back! 2x2.5m

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Ned is a solid option as a backup and the term is right for a non-core piece. Taking a look at the other UFA goalie options makes me think this will look like fair market value or below by July 2nd. I like this contract.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Solid deal! With that being said, I have to complain a bit. Was hoping it’d be a tad cheaper, considering the $6M albatross that’s the other goalie.

Having him locked up gives a little more leeway to trading Jarry and we’d be ok for a little while with Ned starting.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
lol people were lecturing me just like two scant seasons ago about how Jarry could ask for and justifiably receive like 7M on the deal he's on now.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Awesome. He’s not a great goalie, but he at least doesn’t give up.

Now get Jarry tf out of here. If Dubas can get a real asset for him that would be unreal.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
FYI, Jeff Marek apparently mentioned on his show today with Elliott Friedman that he's heard Jarry's name out there now that the Markstrom trade is done.

Honestly it makes sense. Dubas has been clear that he likes Blomqvist, maybe not as an immediate starting goalie next year but a starting goalie in the future. Nedjelkovic getting that 2nd year makes me believe that they'll be running with Nedjelkovic-Blomqvist for the start of the 2025-2026 season.

It's just a question of what do they do before that? Do they run with Jarry-Nedjelkovic for one more year, and risk (although unlikely) that they can't move Jarry next year? Or do they just cash out now when they have the chance, even though Jarry's value could be higher after a good year?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
It's just a question of what do they do before that? Do they run with Jarry-Nedjelkovic for one more year, and risk (although unlikely) that they can't move Jarry next year? Or do they just cash out now when they have the chance, even though Jarry's value could be higher after a good year?
Whatever happens with Jarry, they ain't starting this season with only 1 goalie in the org with NHL experience, as I've maintained before.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
The now very real possibility of a Tristan Jarry trade.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
What did Yohe say that’s getting him dunked on so hard? lol

Samsonov or Talbot to replace Jarry?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
That’s exactly what I had him pegged at. Nice price for a backup that you can ride for stretches. Seems like one of those guys the team likes playing in front of. A phenomenon I once dubbed the Chiodo Effect.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That’s exactly what I had him pegged at. Nice price for a backup that you can ride for stretches. Seems like one of those guys the team likes playing in front of. A phenomenon I once dubbed the Chiodo Effect.

Funny enough he's the current goaltending coach, right?

Reactions: Jacob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad