Confirmed with Link: Neal Pionk - four-year extension, AAV of $5.875 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Good signing by Chevy… now either sign or trade Copp

Copp + Beaulieu to Seattle for Appleton + 2nd
Then make an offer to UFA Palmieri
I don’t think the Jets are in any position to offer sheet. They don’t have a lot of their natural draft picks next couple years - which are required for offer sheeting.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I don’t think the Jets are in any position to offer sheet. They don’t have a lot of their natural draft picks next couple years - which are required for offer sheeting.
Offer sheet….
Where did I say anything about offer sheeting anyone?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
There's no room to sign Copp. But decent contract. Would rather have just done something like $4.5M AAV for eight years with Pionk's contract. Not the worst one though.

But if we're signing Dubois there might be some issues getting him long-term.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
There's no room to sign Copp. But decent contract. Would rather have just done something like $4.5M AAV for eight years with Pionk's contract. Not the worst one though.

How in the world would you have convinced Pionk that he should sign for $4.5M long term when he's 13th in D-man scoring and has good defensive numbers during his time as a Jet, playing the vast majority of his minutes with Sbisa or Forbort?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I don’t think Pionk does that however.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Seriously, good on our amateur scouting and Chevy for believing in Pionk even after his Rangers stay.

Now give him his first top 4 D-man partner in the NHL and see what he looks like!

Staal, Sbisa, Forbort... poor guy.

And one Rangers fan who posted here after the trade that was the only upbeat guy out of NY. He predicted a positive trajectory for Pionk and was quite harsh about the NYR usage of Pionk. I'd @ him if I could remember who it was but he should have a scouting job. An objective take in a sea of heat.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
A bit high but certainly still reasonable. Well done by both parties. Pionk taught me a lot about how wrong stats can be about a guy. Glad he is with us for his best years.

This is a point I hope a few learn from Pionk.

In fairness those numbers looked horrid in New York, but there was definitely environmental factors outside Neils control that I am sure had a heavy and negative impact on his analytics.

Similar to what Jacob is experiencing now that he has taken his place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad