Confirmed with Link: Neal Pionk - four-year extension, AAV of $5.875 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
I often wonder what planet you come fromo_O

At a guess -- "ibbles" are a thing there.

Love Pionk, really like the deal. Under 6m for an excellent PMB locked in this this contention window who hits like a wee truck and has only gotten better as he's matured and has proven both resilient and durable since he's been here. Probably my fave D to watch of late -- count the number of times players come out of a tussle with him and shake their heads. If he was 6' 4" he'd be in the Jones range.

DuckyGirard

May 23, 2021
There's enough for copp now.
Yeah I don't get it.

You now have half your money riding on Dubois, Wheeler, Statsny.

Two old guys and an unproven fella.

This forward group looks like it's gonna be hella weak if they get caught up with the injury bug.

I can only assume they're about to do some wild trades.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hard not to like this deal. Good cap hit for Pionk's play, especially with the deals out there. He can sign another deal when he turns 31 which could work again for both sides, or maybe we have some other depth at that point and don't need to re-up.

Still some work to do for Chevy and Co to possibly get Copp signed, and fit everything under the cap. But this definitely helps IMO.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It looks a little better than it is because of the 4 year term. If we had gone 6 or 7 years like most of us wanted you likely see it up in the $6.5 range. But Chevy got it done and left us some room for a little bit more.

Reactions: Guardian17

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Yeah I don't get it.

You now have half your money riding on Dubois, Wheeler, Statsny.

Two old guys and an unproven fella.

This forward group looks like it's gonna be hella weak if they get caught up with the injury bug.

I can only assume they're about to do some wild trades.

Connor Scheif Ehlers but sure ok. Always something. Wheeler played all year with cracked ribs and still put up 46 points in 50 games... more points than he had in the shortened 2012 2013 season. Stastny? He's a leader and the Ying to wheelers yang. Dubois? At what point do ppl just remember he had a 2 week quarantine and was also banged up. Last season was not normal

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Pretty funny how the Trouba situation ended up working out.

He refused to go anywhere but NYC, and really, if the Rangers had any patience would’ve headed there a year later in free agency but Chevy managed to upgrade him into a superior defenseman in Pionk AND sign Pionk through the window at a rate less than Trouba. Oh yeah, AND he got Heinola in the deal who projects to be better than Trouba.

More than makes up for the Hayes trade fiasco, IMO.

DuckyGirard

May 23, 2021
Connor Scheif Ehlers but sure ok. Always something. Wheeler played all year with cracked ribs and still put up 46 points in 50 games... more points than he had in the shortened 2012 2013 season. Stastny? He's a leader and the Ying to wheelers yang. Dubois? At what point do ppl just remember he had a 2 week quarantine and was also banged up. Last season was not normal

Guys are in their mid 30s. The odds at least one of them has a drop in performance this year is huge, not to mention getting injured.

Dubois would be great if we don't become entirely dependent on him for 2nd line production.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Guys are in their mid 30s. The odds at least one of them has a drop in performance this year is huge, not to mention getting injured.

Dubois would be great if we don't become entirely dependent on him for 2nd line production.

Lol. Just fake outrage.. u probably a pro wrestling fan with all your fake outrage

DuckyGirard

May 23, 2021
Well, they have a Vezina winner as the starter. Comrie only has to adequate for ~20 games. And if he falters they’ll just bring in a waiver wire/journeyman backup.
If you say so, I'll trust you on this.

Comire seems completely unproven at the nhl level from what cap friendly tells me.

I have to admit with a stack d corp they can survive with a lessor goalie.

EDIT: For the record I forgot how many young forwards we had.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Nice deal, for both the team and Pionk.

People give Chevy a lot of crap but I’d rather have him than Holland or Dubas when it comes to contract negotiations.

Rather the AAV in the low 5m range but after some of the contracts dished out this year for defencemen this contract at lease is not a major overpay. Really like the term.

As for Chevy, he is light years a better GM then either of those losers.

No matter what happens with Copp, Chevy is all in to win a cup.

If Copp wants more then 4m trade him for picks and prospects or a cheaper replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad