Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
There's a huge difference between a selfish psycho who'd put their own team in danger to do whatever it is they want to do, and a guy who the team loves and is able to get the opponent off their game.

I certainly hope Fitz was referring to the former types cuz we will go nowhere icing a lineup of saints.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
LMFAO

We don't have any tbh.

This is certainly a philosophy. Personally, I'm more of the opinion that you need some assholes.

Stevens, Daneyko, Claude, White etc.

This lot played like a bunch of f***ing son in laws last year. Really hope they aren't aiming for that again this season.
there is a difference between a guy who will play with sandpaper and physical edge and a guy who is a jack ass in the locker room. The latter probably does more harm than good. I presume Fitz is talking about locker room cancers since he obviously wants guys who will hit and push back.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
There's a huge difference between a selfish psycho who'd put their own team in danger to do whatever it is they want to do, and a guy who the team loves and is able to get the opponent off their game.

I certainly hope Fitz was referring to the former types cuz we will go nowhere icing a lineup of saints.
I think he was probably referring to not having any players accused of sexual assault on the team.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pesce isn't even cleared and ready to go?

Come on man, this is getting as ridiculous as the all it f***ing does here is rain routine in Florida this time of year.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The Devils are as about deep on D as I've ever seen them be - probably back in 95 they were deeper, but it's also very hard to say that with conviction because the NHL expanded by 9 teams between when those players were drafted and when they would reach their primes - anyway, all this is a long way of saying that I am not at all concerned about these injuries. The Devils have Hatakka and Kovacevic and both guys have shown themselves capable of taking regular shifts in the NHL.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Already in midseason form baby

Surgery recovery???

The Devils are as about deep on D as I've ever seen them be - probably back in 95 they were deeper, but it's also very hard to say that with conviction because the NHL expanded by 9 teams between when those players were drafted and when they would reach their primes - anyway, all this is a long way of saying that I am not at all concerned about these injuries. The Devils have Hatakka and Kovacevic and both guys have shown themselves capable of taking regular shifts in the NHL.

This is where I get accused of being pessimistic.

Not sure I see a Stevens or Neidermayer in this group - let alone all the top notch defenders that were with those teams.

In fact, don't see a number one shut down guy in the bunch.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

There’s legitimately like a dozen or so guys. Obviously the 6 regulars. Then Hatakka, Kovacevic, DeSimone all played last year. Zboril (if signed) and White have player in the past. I think Casey and could play. Misyul’s been a pro for 5 years now. He could probably play.

We basically have as many D as I feel comfortable playing as we do forwards lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad