OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2024 (Paris Olympics 2024 as well)

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Field hockey is like ice hockey but worse in every way, and ice hockey is a godawful sport to watch.

"Oh instead of on ice let's run around. And instead of sticks that can actually do something let's have giant wooden candy canes." Boring!

America made the right choice to relegate it to a regional high school sport.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
You know what's not an awful sport to watch? Gymnastics. About the only sport that I've watched that matches the stress and pressure of a playoff hockey game.

Too bad about the other aspects of gymnastics that drag it down because holy moly are those women and men athletic! And holy moly do they have a strong mental constitution!

Reactions: kicksavedave

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You know what's not an awful sport to watch? Gymnastics. About the only sport that I've watched that matches the stress and pressure of a playoff hockey game.

Too bad about the other aspects of gymnastics that drag it down because holy moly are those women and men athletic! And holy moly do they have a strong mental constitution!
is this part of the gimmick?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
is this part of the gimmick?
SHITPOSTING season.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Random schmoe

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Field hockey is like ice hockey but worse in every way, and ice hockey is a godawful sport to watch.

"Oh instead of on ice let's run around. And instead of sticks that can actually do something let's have giant wooden candy canes." Boring!

America made the right choice to relegate it to a regional high school sport.
Aside from your schtick about watching hockey being awful to watch, agree completely re: field hockey. Used to have to watch girls field hockey in high school because reasons and it was so bad. Watching the men at the Olympics isn’t any better. If you want something like hockey but not on ice and not actual hockey, play lacrosse.

Reactions: twabby and g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Aside from your schtick about watching hockey being awful to watch, agree completely re: field hockey. Used to have to watch girls field hockey in high school because reasons and it was so bad. Watching the men at the Olympics isn’t any better. If you want something like hockey but not on ice and not actual hockey, play lacrosse.
My back hurts just watching field hockey.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My back hurts just watching field hockey.
Dude, yes. Looks insanely uncomfortable. Great Britain had a 43-minute powerplay yesterday and scored one goal. They spent most of that time looking like they were playing 1950s basketball before the shot clock when they’d just pass from corner to the elbow to the top of the arc and then back down again. Don’t think I saw them get a single decent opportunity (not that I’d know what one looks like in that sport, so I could be wrong). Just awful to watch.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
O's with some bizarre bullpen management
I don't know what they did but their pitching staff is in disarray already with various injuries, and last night Rodriguez was scratched from his start at the last minute, forcing a spot start from Suarez which affected the bullpen as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00