OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2024 (Paris Olympics 2024 as well)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Met Dylan Crews today.

PXL_20240831_162847128.jpg

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

WTF

"We got to 10 and I said 'Why don't I hit a couple of drives off 10, then we'll go get something to eat?' Well, 10 is a little left-to-right hole and Michelle has been known to do headstands during the course of our courtship and marriage, prior to even [their son] Joey arriving on the scene. So she did a headstand at the end of the tee box for good luck, out and to my left.
"At the exact moment that I was teeing off, she decided, with her feet in the air, to do the splits, thereby dropping her right leg a little bit to the side, right in my line of fire. I hit a golf ball, TaylorMade, with little designs on it, into the inside of her right ankle and shattered it."

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
That is flabbergasting. Like, I'm not sure I would want to be in a car - or even a golf cart - driven by either of these people. The collective failure of judgment/risk management is off the charts.

Now, I have to go slaughter a goat or something to avoid bringing catastrophe unto myself or my loved ones for even commenting - let alone passing judgment - on this.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Solheim Cup underway at RTJ in Gainesville, VA. Used to work across the lake.

US ladies have not won since 2017. LFG

Reactions: Calicaps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You worked at Stonewall at some point?

VA Oaks about 20yrs ago. I ran golf events with Erika Larkin (not her last name then) after she came out of college. She married the brother of the GM. I moved back to Maryland soon after that gig.

In the winter we would hit balls across frozen Lake Manassas over to RTJ. Sometimes in-season we could see very tall guys playing who we were pretty sure were Jordan and his entourage.

Later on one of my assistants worked RTJ as Asst. Superintendant, iirc.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I liked VA Oaks for awhile. Layout was interesting, some nice holes with water views. And then it seemed like suddenly the $ spigot needed to keep the course up went completely dry in a hurry

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wow….so apparently it was a shit show getting into RTJ….fans didn’t get in until after play started. 2-3 hours to wait for a bus to get in, an hour to leave…they only had 7 busses lol…

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad