OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2024 (Paris Olympics 2024 as well)

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I don't know what they did but their pitching staff is in disarray already with various injuries, and last night Rodriguez was scratched from his start at the last minute, forcing a spot start from Suarez which affected the bullpen as well.
Injuries have completely decimated the group. Suarez probably should have stayed in lastnight he was pitching fine into the 6th. Soto has been a complete bust since coming over from Philly.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan and g00n

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
That's another thing some questionable managing going on too. I get the whole analytics deal but sometimes you gotta throw that out the window. Pinch hitting for Holiday with the basesloaded I can semi understand. Pitch hitting for Cowser for a guy that doesn't even have a MLB hit!? Righty vs lefty be damned I'm keeping cowser in there.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

1723192764660.gif

RIP legend

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

1723463981395.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Vick's does not contain any form of actual meth.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It was hilarious. Kevin Brown got the call exactly correct. That's little league shenanigans.

Just glad they won but AGAIN the pitching let them down and almost blew a 7-1 lead.

O's are not going deep this year unless that gets fixed. Kimbrell is a fragile Swarovsky closer and their TDL moves were super-meh.

If your DH is batting 6th and platoons vs LHP only, you need a new DH. I don't care how good everyone else in the lineup is.

1724228602777.png

Jimenez is not a power hitter. He had one debut year with 30+ HR and hasn't cracked 20 since.

Holliday has been figured out by MLB pitching already, as he will chase anything and can't change his approach at the plate to hit for contact with 2 strikes so he whiffs on balls in the dirt or at his shoulders.

Mullins has been coming on strong, move him up in the lineup. Drop Mountcastle to 8th or 9th, ffs.

They're playing middling ball against middling teams right now. They're lucky the Yankees keep tripping over their own bats.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Nats make scouting changes​

The Nationals informed five members of their amateur scouting department this week that their contracts will not be renewed, according to three people familiar with the matter. Alex Morales, James Goodwin, Kevin Ham, John Malzone and Bobby Myrick won’t return. The expectation is that these roles will be filled, not cut.

Late last year, the Nationals revamped their amateur scouting department after longtime scouting director Kris Kline was shifted into a new role. Danny Haas was hired as the vice president of amateur scouting, with Brad Ciolek and Reed Dunn joining as the senior director of amateur scouting and national crosschecker of amateur scouting. The trio brought new voices to Washington’s draft room. Now, with one MLB draft under their belt, they will look to add some fresh eyes, too.

Glad to see the overhaul continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad