Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
That's ok, I'll be kicked back with a bowl of chili so its all good.

Apparently we all had the same idea. I'm making chili tonight, too. And I've seen a few people on other social sites say they're making chili, too! :laugh:
Gotta coach hockey practice tonight or I'd be all over making a pot of chili. It's definitely hockey and chili season!

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
On the bright side of starting 0-3, at least they have the Edmonton Oilers and Boston Bruins are rolling into town next so those should be two easy wins………

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Our advanced stats so far are shockingly good and disagree strongly with my eye test - I think Stamkos has been invisible, but he leads our team in xG at this point. Moneypuck has us at 11 in their Power Rankings despite being 0-3, with bad "puck luck" and bad goaltending weighing us down. There's reason for hope, but man, that does not agree with what I've seen on the ice.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Our advanced stats so far are shockingly good and disagree strongly with my eye test - I think Stamkos has been invisible, but he leads our team in xG at this point. Moneypuck has us at 11 in their Power Rankings despite being 0-3, with bad "puck luck" and bad goaltending weighing us down. There's reason for hope, but man, that does not agree with what I've seen on the ice.
Sounds plausible to me based on the first two games but I missed last night's.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
For the people talking about Saros and his big contract, that doesn't kick in until next season, as will his NMC. He's still getting paid $5 mil a season as of now.

I didn't think he looked all that great in Bruno's system last year and it was a concern of mine, which is why I wasn't a fan of the contract he was given, although I understood the logic with the signings they were making.

On the flip side, the team will only get older and slower as the year progresses. Time to move out some of the dead weight and inject some youthful legs onto the roster.

Not sure why Pars got benched for the majority of the third when McC, Sissons and Smith in some variation were on the ice with him for the majority of the Kraken goals. This is what drives me nuts, vets on the ice for goals against get the same ice time. Youngsters on the ice for goals against ride the pine. Stop f'in with Pars and Tomasino. Let them play already. I'm sick of watching Smith suck. Twice he's coming down the wing last night and can't get a shot off. But hey, he's got grit. And whoopty do - McC got a goal - he was on the ice for how many against last night? And please don't get me started on Schenn and his inability on one of the first two goals scored. Terrible coverage as Josi took one guy and Schenn just watched as his guy got the puck and went to the net for a goal.

Sorry, coffee kicked in.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad