Nashville Predators Talk - 2024/2025 Season

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
That's right around where MoneyPuck has as too. Most of those analytics models also predict a steep decline after guys turn 30 so doesn't shock me they don't like us. I'll be interested to see how they evolve once the data starts to weigh the results of games this season rather than what they thing the results will be. In any case I don't think us being a wild card team is that bad of a prediction but I do think we can outperform it.
Which leads me to ask is this the oldest team in the NHL?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
So, Parssinen it is. Wonder if last night's performance was the tipping point
Sure seems like it and I'm glad that it seems he actually went out and earned his spot versus being handed it because of his waiver eligibility. I am interested to see what the plan is for him. Based on the preseason lines it looks like he's going to be a 4th line winger to start the year.

Which leads me to ask is this the oldest team in the NHL?
Not sure how up to date this is but looks like we're 3rd oldest behind Pittsburgh and Edmonton.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I just wonder if they are going to give Molendyk his 9 games up here before sending him down.

Junior is gonna be such a waste for him

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Glad to see that reason prevailed in the Pärssinen saga. I do believe firmly that he finds his way into the lineup sooner than later.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I just wonder if they are going to give Molendyk his 9 games up here before sending him down.

Junior is gonna be such a waste for him
I don’t think junior would be a waste but I also don’t think he’s really missing out on much by getting there partway through the season. Even if he’s mostly a scratch I think the experience practicing/traveling with the team with a couple games sprinkled in is more valuable than the first month of the junior season. Just seems like we’ve been given a prime opportunity to give him that chance with Stastney out.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don’t think junior would be a waste but I also don’t think he’s really missing out on much by getting there partway through the season. Even if he’s mostly a scratch I think the experience practicing/traveling with the team with a couple games sprinkled in is more valuable than the first month of the junior season. Just seems like we’ve been given a prime opportunity to give him that chance with Stastney out.
I think he gets his 9 games and they tell him what happens after that his his choice based how on he performs.

Is anyone concerned with Stastney? I know we can't assume anything, so it's hard to know. It could be a loss in his family, and he just needs time, but either way if he spends any significant time away, he might go to Milwaukee for a conditioning stent at least, right?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I think he gets his 9 games and they tell him what happens after that his his choice based how on he performs.

Is anyone concerned with Stastney? I know we can't assume anything, so it's hard to know. It could be a loss in his family, and he just needs time, but either way if he spends any significant time away, he might go to Milwaukee for a conditioning stent at least, right?
Yeah I’d have to imagine he’s destined to start in Milwaukee to get up to speed. Hopefully he’s back soon though because I really was excited to see what he’d look like this season.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Parsinnen is a top 9 player- weve all
seen it. Too much skill to be buried on the 4th line
And therein lies the problem. There's no spot in the top 9 for him unless there's an injury or someone grossly underperforms. The other option is not putting a 4th line together like we have. Put three guys out there that are pests to play against, eat some PK time and chip in offensively. This gives them NHL experience and the desire to advance in the lineup.

I think ZLH needs some more time in the AHL. At the same time, I'd rather see him, Pars and Ozzie on the fourth line.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Parsinnen is a top 9 player- weve all
seen it. Too much skill to be buried on the 4th line
If he shows he can play center Sissons might bump down to 4th line, otherwise it's just a numbers game, no wings in the top 9 he's gonna replace

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'm going to say we don't "need" to trade any defenseman until Statsney is back.

I'd also say MDG with Fabbro is more likely to be a pairing than Molendyk with Schenn.
Yeah even with Stastney back unless someone is offering us a good return which I find unlikely I don't see any reason to trade Fabbro at this point. We don't really need any capspace and it's never going to hurt to have an extra experienced NHL level defenseman around.

Last edited:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Not sure where this goes so I'll put it here. The second episode of the Amazon "Faceoff" doc heavily features the Preds and Forsberg.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Not sure where this goes so I'll put it here. The second episode of the Amazon "Faceoff" doc heavily features the Preds and Forsberg.
Is this live on Prime already? My buddy works IT for the preds and he mentioned they had been filming for it, but wasn't sure when you could watch it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad