OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
A really great doc to watch if you are fans of Herb Alpert is 'Herb Alpert Is'. An outstanding dude with a legendary career, both music and business wise, that continues to this day with his sculpting and painting.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
A really great doc to watch if you are fans of Herb Alpert is 'Herb Alpert Is'. An outstanding dude with a legendary career, both music and business wise, that continues to this day with his sculpting and painting.
Holy crap, Herb Alpert must be 90+?

I remember his stuff in my parent’s record collection. Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass!! I played the trumpet in junior high band and thought I should be like him.

Trumpet players get more chicks than guitar players and drummers I thought. Right?!

I played for two years. It didn’t work that way, although I sat between 2 of the cutest girls in G8 and 9 who also were playing trumpet at the time. What a memory!!

I also remember the band teacher (who was a “small person”) got mad at me one day for talking all the time and fired full strength, a chalk brush at me from his music stand. Missed. I picked it up and threw it right back at him, same velocity. I got to stay home two days for my transgression, he had to go to work. Sometimes you win! ;)

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I remember his stuff in my parent’s record collection. Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass!! I played the trumpet in junior high band and thought I should be like him.

Trumpet players get more chicks than guitar players and drummers I thought. Right?!

I played for two years. It didn’t work that way, although I sat between 2 of the cutest girls in G8 and 9 who also were playing trumpet at the time. What a memory!!

I also remember the band teacher (who was a “small person”) got mad at me one day for talking all the time and fired full strength, a chalk brush at me from his music stand. Missed. I picked it up and threw it right back at him, same velocity. I got to stay home two days for my transgression, he had to go to work. Sometimes you win! ;)
Still going strong well into his 80's, with his sculpting and painting. A modern renaissance man. And just an astute businessman with his co-founding of A&M. His music is all feel good music, that I love to listen to when I'm having a bad day. Really good doc.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Still going strong well into his 80's, with his sculpting and painting. A modern renaissance man. And just an astute businessman with his co-founding of A&M. His music is all feel good music, that I love to listen to when I'm having a bad day. Really good doc.
I’ll check it out. I actually enjoyed his music as a kid. Now it’s probably because it’s a reminder of simpler times and my folks. Thanks for the heads up.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Trumpet (or any horned instrument for that matter) playing girls make the best dates.:naughty:

I remember this one time in band camp.....

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I just downloaded Lonely Bull on my Spotify. My wife just asked me if I lost my mind. She’s not a connoisseur of fine tunes I guess(I hope she doesn’t read this).

• Haha

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I just downloaded Lonely Bull on my Spotify. My wife just asked me if I lost my mind. She’s not a connoisseur of fine tunes I guess(I hope she doesn’t read this).
My wife grew up with Herb Alpert playing in their house and absolutely loves it, probably even more than I do.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This fairly new Mexican band is a good listen. Played in Edmonton with 3 Days Grace last year.

There is something about a three person power trio that is so awesome. I just love the stripped down sound of one guitar, one bass and one banger on the skins. Great tune by the way. Rush, ZZ Top, Cream, Police, Triumph, love them all.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
There is something about a three person power trio that is so awesome. I just love the stripped down sound of one guitar, one bass and one banger on the skins. Great tune by the way. Rush, ZZ Top, Cream, Police, Triumph, love them all.
This is not as thrashing power, more progressive, but you might get into this 3 piece. All Them Witches. I really like the way their songs build, the bass player who sounds like Jim Morrison. Also like the clean guitar picking on this one. Kind of a stoner rock kind of following. I'm sober and I listen to these guys. The 70's were good. lol

A bit better known song of theirs.

This is the first kind of trippy track that got me into this band. I obviously love the sound of Bass which is predominant in their recordings and live show. I also like bands that can just get into a jam like this and play their setlist different almost every time.

Reactions: Snipesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
May as well put All them Witches new single in here. Should mention the Bass player is a real country type living in a shotgun shack in the middle of nowhere and it kind of shows in the music. They're getting more interesting with each album. This song just dropped, wonder what rest of new album is like.

New genre. Psychedelic Cowboy and Western. ;)

Reminds me of Savoy Brown in an odd way.

Reactions: Snipesaitl

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Why I having so much trouble inserting a youtube link? Keeps saying the video is unavailable when I try to add it

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad