OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Toronto band "Syrinx" did this song "Tillicum" that was the opening for the classic T.V. show "Here Come the 70's." The song sounds like something from a party on Mars. It has a very "futuristic sound" that was perfect for the broadcast.

The show's opening (see 2nd clip-the actual video from the show) was very controversial when it first appeared in 1970--for obvious reasons. Those were very different times. On Sunday nights shows like "Hymn Sing" were the staples--a completely different world than the one we know now.

Then this "intro" and show saw its debut. There was widespread debate about whether the CRTC censors should remove it but I don't believe it ever was.

I believe the band "Syrinx" is still around to this day but you won't hear this song on too many Sirius 1970's radio hit stations. Yet another long lost Canadian classic that seems to be lost in the vaults of time.

Last edited:

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
So lucky to have seen them last time Lemmy & co. were in YEG
My buddy got kicked out about 1/3 through the show, I stayed obviously haha.

I’ve been on Helloween/Gamma Ray kick lately, must of been due to Halloween last month. Anyways great show as always.

I remember going to Motorhead, Krokus & Fist. The first 3 rows on either side of the speaker walls were empty. It was so loud for Motorhead. They had the Bomber stage and were just rockin it. I think most people were there for Krokus. Motorhead blew them away such a great show.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I remember going to Motorhead, Krokus & Fist. The first 3 rows on either side of the speaker walls were empty. It was so loud for Motorhead. They had the Bomber stage and were just rockin it. I think most people were there for Krokus. Motorhead blew them away such a great show.
I saw Motorhead open for Alice on the Raise your fist tour....2nd row floor. LOUDEST show I ever attended, the air was moving, I could feel it push, it was that loud.

Wurzel kept gesturing for more volume LOL, f@#k me.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I saw Motorhead open for Alice on the Raise your fist tour....2nd row floor. LOUDEST show I ever attended, the air was moving, I could feel it push, it was that loud.

Saw Black Sabbath mob rules tour in around 1981. Loudest concert I've ever been to. Ears were ringing for a day.

Reactions: booyakasha

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Saw Black Sabbath mob rules tour in around 1981. Loudest concert I've ever been to. Ears were ringing for a day.

Loudest show I’ve attended, was actually Dweezil Zappa @ the Jubilee Auditorium.
Zappa plays Zappa tour. Was not expecting that.

The quietest was Jethro Tull, also at the Jube. You could hear a pin drop.

Was also lucky to attend Heaven & Hell, my one and only chance to see Dio live in person. Would have been killer to have seen them on the aforementioned Mob Rules tour.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

Same! We went up to the empty seat but it was just too loud. Also couldn't see the bomber well. That was a killer light set up. Ozzy front row was really loud for bark at the moon tour. I think it was. Not sure. I remember tour book had Randy photos in it so maybe diary of a madman.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Loudest show I’ve attended, was actually Dweezil Zappa @ the Jubilee Auditorium.
Zappa plays Zappa tour. Was not expecting that.

The quietest was Jethro Tull, also at the Jube. You could hear a pin drop.

Was also lucky to attend Heaven & Hell, my one and only chance to see Dio live in person. Would have been killer to have seen them on the aforementioned Mob Rules tour.

That Heaven and Hell concert was something special. I'd never seen Sabbath nor Dio as well. That knocked 2 off the bucket list for me that year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morpheus

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
before Songsterr, I spent hours upon hours of this cassette on heavy rewind just to learn it.
Annihilator had some wicked guitar

need the intro..

Yep. You are correct. How could I have neglected the amazing intro.
I think the guitarist (Jeff Waters) auditioned for Megadeth at some point but lost out to some whiz with purple streaked hair named Marty Friedman.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Why the superior aliens should allow humans to continue existing:
Exhibit A

hey another lefty guitarist!

Feel free to add

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
New release from a Canadian fellow.
For the first time, solo artist Burden of Ymir takes a departure from Norse mythology to indulge in the retelling of another timeless classic, the epic tale of Beowulf, set to suitably epic and melodic viking metal on the new album, Heorot.

Reactions: Dorian2

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Effing amazing, thankyou!

Used to sit around and played chess with friends and listen to this and Zep.
I’m rocking a Zep T shirt today! I’m not playing chess though…
1675559326896.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad