OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
www.cfyt.ca to listen in

8-10pm (pacific) highway tunes

10pm-12am Hours of Death (the Metal Show)
I guess when you said tomorrow night at 1:41 am you meant last night? Missed it then. If your gonna be on again give us the day and times, would love to listen and Experience. Do you take call in requests? 😉

First time caller, long time listener

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Back in the day., Great Hard Rock band, not really a Black Metal band by today 's standards as they were labelled, so we file this one under, music sharing thread ha

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Recently turned 72 and still going strong is Jon Anderson, formerly of Yes and many other projects.

Love watching the guy on keyboards. About 8 different sets and boards, and he's like a computer tech on a rocket ship tweaking buttons and pushing switches, interspersed with the odd playing.

current streaking music

(may or may not be leafs related)

Paul McCartney says this is not a good rendition of his old Beatles song.;)
:D

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Love watching the guy on keyboards. About 8 different sets and boards, and he's like a computer tech on a rocket ship tweaking buttons and pushing switches, interspersed with the odd playing.

Big Yes fan here. Rick Wakeman the keyboard player was, and is, one of the best of all time, amazing imo.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Rick Wakeman, had a side job with NASA, learning how to fiddle knobs on electronics (but no, I keed, I keed). Progressive rock was always heavy synth laden.

I just listened to that version of All my Loving, I agree with Macca, it made my ears bleed.

current streaking music

(may or may not be leafs related)

I appreciate you sharing. Not my cup of tea, but I love hearing new acts and every once in a while something old gets a new coat of paint and strikes me.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Rick Wakeman, had a side job with NASA, learning how to fiddle knobs on electronics (but no, I keed, I keed). Progressive rock was always heavy synth laden.

I just listened to that version of All my Loving, I agree with Macca, it made my ears bleed.
NASA eh? Well, then I wasn't far off with my description of a rocket man.:D And sounds like another tech genius like Tom Scholz of Boston (MIT whiz), and some of the guys from Queen.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
NASA eh? Well, then I wasn't far off with my description of a rocket man.:D And sounds like another tech genius like Tom Scholz of Boston (MIT whiz), and some of the guys from Queen.
No I kid…I’m sure he was smoking doobies, and living the rock star lifestyle like 90% of the generation. Sorry for taking you down a road…

Have you ever watched any docs or read anything on Brian May making that guitar of his? Remarkable really.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com

Many members of Yes are legends to me. Anderson, Squire, Wakeman, Howe, Kaye, Bruford, White.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

I appreciate you sharing. Not my cup of tea, but I love hearing new acts and every once in a while something old gets a new coat of paint and strikes me.

Its not a Beatles cover lol.

I had the good fortune of meeting BBQ once (the almighty defenders are a one off collaboration from King Khan and BBQ and the Black Lips--the former two are Canadian garage band guys). Im guessing all of these guys drop their pants in public on the reg and as such are not hof material (perhaps similar to some hockey players ;) )

Reactions: brentashton

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

My favorite drummer, a killer rock band and probably the best show closer out right now. They f***ing rock!!!

Another favorite, Highly Suspect

And lastly, my current favorite band, a couple kids from Ontario putting out some killer rock tunes, Cleopatrick

Rock is still alive baby

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
This one is going out to all the Flame fan creeps
I know not the best thing to do after a loss but looking forward to December.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad