OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
For my fellow hip hop heads, I gotta put Harry Mack's name out there. He's starting to blow up, and I'm supremely bummed I couldn't get a ticket to his Vancouver show this fall.

Best freestyler of all time and I'll die on this hill. Dude is f***in amazing and it's all off the dome.

His Omegle Bars series is pretty awesome too, as are the Guerilla Bars. Man is just on another level. Seems like a supremely humble, positive and genuine dude. Big fan.

"Detrimental to instrumantals, and I'm influential, spread just like an influenza so they call me influencer"

Last edited:
Reactions: Spawn

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
I’m sure this will trigger some memories

I believe this was a commercial/time fill in the 90s on YTV

Last edited:

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Been to two concerts with the Mrs this year, Waxahatchee at the Ryman Theatre in Nashville and Lord Huron at the Orpheum in Vancouver. Here's a Lord Huron beauty.

One of the Mrs's faves so don't be dissing or I'll have to pass on your names. So here's another Lord Huron tune just because.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Saw New Order Pet Shop Boys concert last night. Tons of nostalgia for this guy. Absolutely love Joy Division that out of necessity evolved into New Order. Don't have a bucket list per say but seeing this classic toonage played is a huge highlight:

I went to see New Order but holy shit The Pet Shop Boys were also excellent!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Saw New Order Pet Shop Boys concert last night. Tons of nostalgia for this guy. Absolutely love Joy Division that out of necessity evolved into New Order. Don't have a bucket list per say but seeing this classic toonage played is a huge highlight:

I went to see New Order but holy shit The Pet Shop Boys were also excellent!

Where was this?

One wonders what trails Joy Division would have further blazed had Ian Curtis lived. I like Joy Division and New Order. Never developed a deep taste for Pet shop boys. Some tracks I like.

The pet sound, excuse pun, went way too pop for my typical tastes.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Where was this?

One wonders what trails Joy Division would have further blazed had Ian Curtis lived. I like Joy Division and New Order. Never developed a taste for Pet shop boys.
Vancouver at the hockey rink. Pretty incredible that New Order rose out of Ian Curtis' death and evolved their sound. Would be incredible to imagine a fully realized Joy Division had Ian Curtis lived.

This show was about seeing New Order. Don't mind a few Pet Shop Boys songs but was very surprised with the stellar live show they delivered. Enduring for 40 years there's gotta be something there.

Back to Joy Division/Manchester music scene, if you haven't seen this movie, I HIGHLY recommend it. One of my all time favourite movies I pimp for people to see:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Vancouver at the hockey rink. Pretty incredible that New Order rose out of Ian Curtis' death and evolved their sound. Would be incredible to imagine a fully realized Joy Division had Ian Curtis lived.

This show was about seeing New Order. Don't mind a few Pet Shop Boys songs but was very surprised with the stellar live show they delivered. Enduring for 40 years there's gotta be something there.

Back to Joy Division/Manchester music scene, if you haven't seen this movie, I HIGHLY recommend it. One of my all time favourite movies I pimp for people to see:

Yeah I've seen it. We've had this discussion before. heh. I like how Joy Division particularly has been pretty timeless. Just as likely now for new ears to get into their work. Albeit lacking how front trailblazing they were. So much talent incubating. Excuse pun. No this is not a sanctioned video.

This is the first Joy Division song I ever heard here. I was just graduating.

This a merge with my favorite director. Joy division preceding tracks that still get made today.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah I've seen it. We've had this discussion before. heh. I like how Joy Division particularly has been pretty timeless. Just as likely now for new ears to get into their work. Albeit lacking how front trailblazing they were. So much talent incubating. Excuse pun. No this is not a sanctioned video.

This is the first Joy Division song I ever heard here. I was just graduating.

This a merge with my favorite director. Joy division preceding tracks that still get made today.

Oops. Sorry. haha. Love that movie.

Love the aerobics video mashup. And of course the integration with the great Stanley Kubrick.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Oops. Sorry. haha. Love that movie.

Love the aerobics video mashup. And of course the integration with the great Stanley Kubrick.
I went a different way on Lords because the newish official Joy Division videos are heavily panned and don't seem to have anything to do with music or feel of the track. The disorder video being evidence of that, just doesn't add anything but the solid remix audio quality. Almost all the comments from Joy division fans are its a great video if you close your eyes. haha

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I went a different way on Lords because the newish official Joy Division videos are heavily panned and don't seem to have anything to do with music or feel of the track. The disorder video being evidence of that, just doesn't add anything but the solid remix audio quality. Almost all the comments from Joy division fans are its a great video if you close your eyes. haha
Read some of the comments. I get the purists point of view but I think it's pretty interesting to see how people interpret this timeless music. Not everything needs to be a strict time travel bubble with Ian Curtis singing and twitching on stage.

I was being mainly facetious about the aerobic synch for Incubation. But it's fun and works imo.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Read some of the comments. I get the purists point of view but I think it's pretty interesting to see how people interpret this timeless music. Not everything needs to be a strict time travel bubble with Ian Curtis singing and twitching on stage.

I was being mainly facetious about the aerobic synch for Incubation. But it's fun and works imo.
The incubation one isn't sanctioned. Joy Division had nothing to do with that video. Just that they have with the reissues of other videos of their collection, and they don't jive with the music. A lot of old music is being reborn/ re packagedwith scantily clad nubile dancers and montage. Maybe that works for a lot of musical forms or songs. It doesn't give much Atmosphere to Joy division and it instead creates division.

I'm being tongue in cheek with this. I don't take videos that seriously. tbh when playing I just want the best possible audio. Usually I just download the audio tracks. I always thought the incubation video somebody came up with was just funny for the juxtaposition.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The incubation one isn't sanctioned. Joy Division had nothing to do with that video. Just that they have with the reissues, and they don't jive with the music. A lot of old music is being reborn with scantily clad nubile dancers and montage. Maybe that works for a lot of musical forms or songs. It doesn't give much Atmosphere to Joy division and it instead creates division.

I'm being tongue in cheek with this. I don't take videos that seriously. tbh when playing I just want the best possible audio. Usually I just download the audio tracks.
I fully understand that it's not sanctioned. My point is interest in the timelessness of the music being interpreted by people some most likely not even born when Joy Division was around. Who would have thought ... radio, live transmission and interpretations of songs and their author forty years dead and buried.

Anywho figure we're boring the masses with this. haha.

Great post by @KenLinsemanFanClub with Lord Huron toonage. Had friends who went to that show too and they raved about it!

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I know a bunch of you, or maybe most, won’t give a fack about this but after seeing the stadium show in Phoenix with Motley Crüe, Def Leppard and others in August, I’m back for a few months to chillax, maybe till April,or early May.

Between now and Xmas (when I will return to the frozen tundra for a short Xmas trip) I have tix to Hall and Oates (guilty 80s pleasure relived saw them in 1983), ZZ Top, Gordon Lightfoot and a road trip to Pasadena to see my most fave artist Jackson Browne in early December. I think I’m spending more money on music than sports lately…except for that Superbowl Ticket in January. Ouch.

This area is a music Mecca for 70 and 80s artists,owning to many of us grey haired bastages. Yes I still have hair, so take that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I know a bunch of you, or maybe most, won’t give a fack about this but after seeing the stadium show in Phoenix with Motley Crüe, Def Leppard and others in August, I’m back for a few months to chillax, maybe till April,or early May.

Between now and Xmas (when I will return to the frozen tundra for a short Xmas trip) I have tix to Hall and Oates (guilty 80s pleasure relived saw them in 1983), ZZ Top, Gordon Lightfoot and a road trip to Pasadena to see my most fave artist Jackson Browne in early December. I think I’m spending more money on music than sports lately…except for that Superbowl Ticket in January. Ouch.

This area is a music Mecca for 70 and 80s artists,owning to many of us grey haired bastages. Yes I still have hair, so take that.
Jackson Browne is a great show! Hall n Oates is on my list, my list. Glad I saw ZZ Top. Elton John is on up next for us ... my wife's pick though I'll maybe appreciate it once there. Think we're gonna check out Dave Matthews early November. Pissed I couldn't take in The Black Keys again who just rolled through with a sneaky awesome Mississippi blues album and their usual goodness.

EDIT: Saw Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark and Modern English earlier this year for the 80s nostalgia factor. And fun gig with Wet Leg at the Commodore.

Fyi John Oates has a somewhat recent solo blues/country album called Arkansas. Pretty good,

Enjoy your gigs and sporting event fellow 306 area coder!

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Tomorrow night Im doing 2 radio shows, first time in 10years i've done radio.

1st show Im calling "Highway Tunes" playing fun rock n a few other genres, with the focus on playing fun road trip songs, and taking time to talk about some of the trucking adventures I had

the 2nd is called "Foxy's Hours of Death" which is going to be an all out 2 hr heavy metal show.

Am I allowed to post a link of the radio station website to invite anyone to listen online if they want to???

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Tomorrow night Im doing 2 radio shows, first time in 10years i've done radio.

1st show Im calling "Highway Tunes" playing fun rock n a few other genres, with the focus on playing fun road trip songs, and taking time to talk about some of the trucking adventures I had

the 2nd is called "Foxy's Hours of Death" which is going to be an all out 2 hr heavy metal show.

Am I allowed to post a link of the radio station website to invite anyone to listen online if they want to???
I don’t see why not. I’d love to tune in Yukon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad