OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Where did you stream those? Would be interested in watching.
No streaming, they just came on one of the stations on TV and I got hooked. You know how those cable stations work, they'll run a movie or series for a week or 2 and then nothing, and then it comes on a month later, and then nothing, etc, etc. I'm sure they'll appear again sometime down the road, but they must be available somewhere.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Where did you stream those? Would be interested in watching.
1675623273874.png

1675623448268.png

Reactions: booyakasha

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
No streaming, they just came on one of the stations on TV and I got hooked. You know how those cable stations work, they'll run a movie or series for a week or 2 and then nothing, and then it comes on a month later, and then nothing, etc, etc. I'm sure they'll appear again sometime down the road, but they must be available somewhere.
Thanks. I’m gonna search them out. I watch a lot of music docs, mostly streamed, some that I find on internet rabbit hole journeys. Triumph was always a go to on the teenage play list. I saw Rik Emmett on a streamed concert during COVID, with another guitarist (cant remember his name sadly). It was a stripped show, just the 2, acoustic and sometimes electric, played hits and some other stuff. He’s a hell of a picker.

EDIT - Prime Video, thanks. I have that, tonight’s TV a time determined.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Anyone here watch this?

No, but saw him live with Ozzy. Also saw Black Sabbath without Ozzy. I'll take Tony Iommi. More my preference.

Thanks. I’m gonna search them out. I watch a lot of music docs, mostly streamed, some that I find on internet rabbit hole journeys. Triumph was always a go to on the teenage play list. I saw Rik Emmett on a streamed concert during COVID, with another guitarist (cant remember his name sadly). It was a stripped show, just the 2, acoustic and sometimes electric, played hits and some other stuff. He’s a hell of a picker.

EDIT - Prime Video, thanks. I have that, tonight’s TV a time determined.
I get all these for free on a Roku stick. you just have to get good at getting some backchannels and stuff if they aren't on the main ones. Triumph was also on Crave. its not a new one, its been around awhile.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
No, but saw him live with Ozzy. Also saw Black Sabbath without Ozzy. I'll take Tony Iommi. More my preference.

I get all these for free on a Roku stick. you just have to get good at getting some backchannels and stuff if they aren't on the main ones. Triumph was also on Crave. it’s not a new one, its been around awhile.
Thanks. I have ROKU here and in Canada too. I’ve seen a few there but I must have missed the Triumph one. i have to get better at managing my stream options. I try to limit it to the bare necessities. 20 bucks here! 20 bucks there!10 for that one plus the sports channel streams and then you only watch a few, adds up. That’s a different thread topic though.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I get all these for free on a Roku stick. you just have to get good at getting some backchannels and stuff if they aren't on the main ones. Triumph was also on Crave. its not a new one, its been around awhile.
I liked Iommi best too.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
My mind was a bit altered when I first heard it, but that might not be required. Skipped the skit at the start and jumped to the song:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Apparently Sam Smith created quite the firestorm at the Grammy's other night. Ted Cruz and the rest are losing their shit over his "devil schtick." To be honest, and not get into morality, I don't really care for certain acts, but it's my choice to turn the channel or not go to a certain concert.

They used to call Elvis a pervert, and the Beatles were the devil's own when they came out, just to put into context.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Apparently Sam Smith created quite the firestorm at the Grammy's other night. Ted Cruz and the rest are losing their shit over his "devil schtick." To be honest, and not get into morality, I don't really care for certain acts, but it's my choice to turn the channel or not go to a certain concert.

They used to call Elvis a pervert, and the Beatles were the devil's own when they came out, just to put into context.
Not to say anything of Jerry Lee Lewis. Completely agree. Performers want to shock and grab the audience, Madonna, Marilyn Manson, Ozzie biting dove heads theyve always been doing these sorts of things. I’m like you, change the channel if it’s not your cup o’ tea. Ted Cruz, MTG, Sinema, and the entire US Pol on both sides of the spectrum are as bad as Sam Smith frankly. Their behaviour at the POTUS SOTU the other evening was as abhorrent, not to mention childish, and was not meant to critically ad to the discussion but simply to grandstand. Ours in Canada are no different.

Reactions: Stoneman89

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Burt Bacharach, legendary composer, dies at 94 years of age.

I had no idea of all the hits this genius wrote, but it's like a who's who of hummable tunes that linger on even today.
My mom and dad were fans. His records were in the house. As I type this I’m humming “what the world needs now, is love, sweet love…” ear worm for the day!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Not to say anything of Jerry Lee Lewis. Completely agree. Performers want to shock and grab the audience, Madonna, Marilyn Manson, Ozzie biting dove heads theyve always been doing these sorts of things. I’m like you, change the channel if it’s not your cup o’ tea. Ted Cruz, MTG, Sinema, and the entire US Pol on both sides of the spectrum are as bad as Sam Smith frankly. Their behaviour at the POTUS SOTU the other evening was as abhorrent, not to mention childish, and was not meant to critically ad to the discussion but simply to grandstand. Ours in Canada are no different.
No horse in this race but I always think its funny that people like Madonna, Marilyn Manson and the ilk think they are are some kind of cutting edge artists who invented something. In Madonnas case just another among centuries of blond ambition women taking their clothes off. Marily Manson with a tacit attempt to be controversial for hits in everything from body, contact lenses, modification etc. These really are the uninteresting fodder that don't even have an original idea. I can't even say its for shock as anybody shocked hasn't been paying attention.

Sam Smith- Yawn.

While not speaking for me this is probably closest to my opinion.

Its the saddest thing about entertainment, music this milennium, that performers spend more apparent effort being in the news than developing their craft at all. Hits has an entirely different meaning in the Social media era.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
No horse in this race but I always think its funny that people like Madonna, Marilyn Manson and the ilk think they are are some kind of cutting edge artists who invented something. In Madonnas case just another among centuries of blond ambition women taking their clothes off. Marily Manson with a tacit attempt to be controversial for hits in everything from body, contact lenses, modification etc. These really are the uninteresting fodder that don't even have an original idea. I can't even say its for shock as anybody shocked hasn't been paying attention.

Sam Smith- Yawn.

While not speaking for me this is probably closest to my opinion.

Its the saddest thing about entertainment, music this milennium, that performers spend more apparent effort being in the news than developing their craft at all. Hits has an entirely different meaning in the Social media era.
Agreed. It seems these social media crazed days, it's more about the image, the theatrics, and the press than the actual content.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Speaking of Canadianna, how about some Edmonton cooking…

Any old timers remember this Edmonton band. Curtis Ruptash played bass and Terry Reeves on lead if I recall. Terry had a sound system company in Edmonton too. Can’t remember who sang. I remember they played a dance at our highschool around ‘81-‘82 when this song was hitting the airwaves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad