OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Michelle Phillips casually eating a banana and scratching/picking her nose while performing on national TV. ;)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Michelle Phillips casually eating a banana and scratching/picking her nose while performing on national TV. ;)

Have you caught PlutoTV, it’s a free stream service and one of the channels is Ed Sullivan musical acts. It’s heavenly.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Have you caught PlutoTV, it’s a free stream service and one of the channels is Ed Sullivan musical acts. It’s heavenly.
I've watched some shows on it, but I've become too accustomed to watching adfree shows on other streaming services. ;) But I'll checkout that channel, thanks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Its good but unfortunately recorded in stereo sound. So sound quality not up to today. Still lots of good acts. Trouble with Pluto Canada is theres less channels and far less on demand options. I haven't checked out how many Ed Sullivan episodes are on demand but with usual Pluto channels its not a lot. So that you have to see at the right time to get your favorite acts.

Since we're into free streaming music I figured I'd mention that "Flixhouse" is a pretty much unknown darkhorse available on Roku that has more than a 100 concert films and docs right now, all free, all no adds or limited adds. They have movies (not so great) and docs (reasonably good as well, quite a selection and a lot of content.

Tubi tends to be the Roku free concert movie option with around +200concerts, only trouble is those are FAST (adds)

KIW TV is one I just discovered today. All free, all zero adds. They have a 150movies there, keep adding to it, and they have some concerts and several 6hr blocks of concerts footage. The board is just starting out though and poorly curated. Would be nice if everything they have is listed on screen instead of click through but on movies they have most of Monty python, they have Spinal Tap, several other films worth checking out.

If one searches around theres lots of free content on Roku that is either no adds or very limited adds. for instance anything on Roku itself is very limited in adds. Not forgetting that Youtube has endless music as well. Also if you can't find a concert or doc you like just search for it. For instance I couldn't find "Rockshow" but its there on several channels. Not all the catalog is listed.

Plex also has several tiers of all music concert channels. Everything from rock to classic, jazz, everything. AXS alone is worth looking at. So many concerts, endless music programming. One concert after another lineup up and endless variety. They often have good ones on weekends. When one channel is showing adds just click to another tier, then back. So much to see.

Another Roku available channel, Freebie has a ridiculous amount of flics, all free, often no adds. hardly anybody knows about it. TCL if you can still get it is good as well.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Its good but unfortunately recorded in stereo sound. So sound quality not up to today. Still lots of good acts. Trouble with Pluto Canada is theres less channels and far less on demand options. I haven't checked out how many Ed Sullivan episodes are on demand but with usual Pluto channels its not a lot. So that you have to see at the right time to get your favorite acts.

Since we're into free streaming music I figured I'd mention that "Flixhouse" is a pretty much unknown darkhorse available on Roku that has more than a 100 concert films and docs right now, all free, all no adds or limited adds. They have movies (not so great) and docs (reasonably good as well, quite a selection and a lot of content.

Tubi tends to be the Roku free concert movie option with around +200concerts, only trouble is those are FAST (adds)

KIW TV is one I just discovered today. All free, all zero adds. They have a 150movies there, keep adding to it, and they have some concerts and several 6hr blocks of concerts footage. The board is just starting out though and poorly curated. Would be nice if everything they have is listed on screen instead of click through but on movies they have most of Monty python, they have Spinal Tap, several other films worth checking out.

If one searches around theres lots of free content on Roku that is either no adds or very limited adds. for instance anything on Roku itself is very limited in adds. Not forgetting that Youtube has endless music as well. Also if you can't find a concert or doc you like just search for it. For instance I couldn't find "Rockshow" but its there on several channels. Not all the catalog is listed.

Plex also has several tiers of all music concert channels. Everything from rock to classic, jazz, everything. AXS alone is worth looking at. So many concerts, endless music programming. One concert after another lineup up and endless variety. They often have good ones on weekends. When one channel is showing adds just click to another tier, then back. So much to see.

Another Roku available channel, Freebie has a ridiculous amount of flics, all free, often no adds. hardly anybody knows about it. TCL if you can still get it is good as well.
Thanks for the added suggestions. I will check them out.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Her name is Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir. She's an Icelandic artist.

If she looks familiar, that's because she's Of Monsters and Men's lead singer. If you don't know what I'm talking about, youtube "Little Talks" I'm quite confident you've heard the song. Anyways she does solo stuff now and I find it really good!

Reactions: Dorian2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Her name is Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir. She's an Icelandic artist.

If she looks familiar, that's because she's Of Monsters and Men's lead singer. If you don't know what I'm talking about, youtube "Little Talks" I'm quite confident you've heard the song. Anyways she does solo stuff now and I find it really good!

This isn't my typical style of music for listening, but this artist is one that I've dug into quite a bit since seeing that OMAM video you posted a while back. Her particular sound really resonates with me for some reason.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Found this today and was reminded again why I like basically everything except country, hahaha.

Radio country is pretty rough. I don't mind some stuff by Bailey Zimmerman, Morgan Wallen, Chris Stapleton, Jon Pardi, etc, but there's so much garbage out there.

I'm sure you've probably been told this before, but check out someone like Zach Bryan for some actual good country music.

This guy has been going viral this week too. Been listening to a few of his songs.

Reactions: GOilers88

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Radio country is pretty rough. I don't mind some stuff by Bailey Zimmerman, Morgan Wallen, Chris Stapleton, Jon Pardi, etc, but there's so much garbage out there.

I'm sure you've probably been told this before, but check out someone like Zach Bryan for some actual good country music.

This guy has been going viral this week too. Been listening to a few of his songs.

I'm not huge on country myself, but I respect some of the names out there. Brad Paisley and Keith Urban can play a damn fine guitar. I do like Chris Stapleton as well.

Mostly the extent of my country is Johnny Cash and Hank Williams Jr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad