OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That's so much hyper fame, and in the other hand, her artistic footprint leaves me cold.
At least she seems to be a decent person all around and she writes her own songs and plays her own instruments. Could be a lot worst as far as role model goes, which I especially like since my daughter is a pretty big fan of hers :laugh:

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
The two things I mostly remember about these guys are how they came up with their band name and sadly, how they got swindled by their manager.

They have no connection whatsoever to Bay City, Michigan. They literally threw a dart on a map, that landed on Bay City.
Was the manager a Molson by any chance? This Molson seems to be swindling the public pretty good.lol
Such a creative method.lol

• Haha
Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So damn catchy. Definitely adding this to my commute playlist.

I’ve heard this song forever but not this version.

This was taken from a live show in 1957. It was written as a satire piece about a Neapolitan trying too hard to be an American but failing at it as the song reminds him that his identity as a native Italian can’t be overcome. The Italian language being sung is a Neapolitan dialect. I’ve lived and studied in Italy and have been to Napoli and southern towns where they speak this dialect still.

About ten years ago, when I was visiting Naples, I remember hearing kids on the street speaking it.

The song coincided with the massive flow of Italian immigration to North America during the 50s and which continued into the late 60s. Most of them were fleeing poverty and originated from southern Italy. They were in search of a new life and this song appropriately speaks to their identity and what they were leaving behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stive Morgan

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
At least she seems to be a decent person all around and she writes her own songs and plays her own instruments. Could be a lot worst as far as role model goes, which I especially like since my daughter is a pretty big fan of hers :laugh:
Yeah, let's talk about Hanna Montana, her cute sitcom was nice to watch in family, and later the sexual explicit when she became adult. Not a great taste and not a great use of her fame exposure. Art for the beauty and the creativity should be #1 priority. Lady Gaga was provocative but she was interresting artistic point of view.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad