OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This movie had a lot of cringe,and didn't know that this song was from Blondie:doh:

The entire soundtrack is pretty weird for that type of a movie. It's almost all synthesized techno-pop, almost always very impersonal and kinda ''just there'' wallpapery. It weirdly works for me though, it highlights the artificial hyper 80's lifestyle and the plastic world Tony Montana lives in.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Myles Goodwyn, that hurts. Believe April Wine was the first major concert I went to. He had a great voice, a lot of memorable tunes. Real sad news. Like a lover, like a song...
Seen them many times,this from the Forum and one of the best intro songs,got the crowd into a frenzy,as you can hear.I think we were a good 50 or so at this show. And you know what happens in ''before the dawn''it picks it up just fine here. Too bad not video but the other one would be the same year. Back then we had a friend that was the spitting image of Myles.

A couple of lesser known songs post Powerplay when I believe Myles was living in the Bahamas.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The entire soundtrack is pretty weird for that type of a movie. It's almost all synthesized techno-pop, almost always very impersonal and kinda ''just there'' wallpapery. It weirdly works for me though, it highlights the artificial hyper 80's lifestyle and the plastic world Tony Montana lives in.
It's actually a terrible movie with a terrible soundtrack but disturbingly compelling to keep seeing it.:scared:

Yes, I heard the news earlier today from bandmate Brian Greenway. Very sad.

Greenway still plays local gigs, and is cool to talk to.
They were all pretty cool to talk with,what he say happened?

Reactions: rik schau

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This was my favorite Moody Blues song:

However, they’ll forever be remembered for this classic:

And this cut when Denny Laine joined McCartney and Wings:

RIP

Seen them live at least once, maybe for that tour, don't remember a thing. Thats how some shows go, unmemorable ,like more than a few. Better that though then remembering them for the wrong reasons, some shows were pretty bad.

This stuff will get you fit and trim!:handclap:

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Don't know about anybody else but my kids sure never sounded like this at 9!:amazed:

@peate ,remember the voila song! we were watching the tube with some yank visitors and we played it and they thought it was great because it reminded them of Walt Disney world.:facepalm:

• Wow

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

I dunno, a billionaire pop singer doing her thing?

Apparently many are seeing some kind of satanic ritual or symbolism, stemming in part from the platform she’s performing from, which they say evokes the black cube of Saturn and her movements are like a form of witchcraft and on and on with the Masons, brainwashing ritual, etc. (see cooments by users).

Were they not making satanic associations when Elvis the Pelvis executed his gyrations?

This kind of fanfare goes on in every concert in one form or another. Are these people just discovering what these mass audience music events look like?

Only in America does this get such scrutiny. Meanwhile in the motherland, not a peep from anyone, just part of the act.
He looks and plays the part to perfection.:thumbu::thumbu:

• Wow

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Awesome 3.gif
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbu::thumbu:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Is there a song that will ALWAYS get the hair on the back of your head standing, no matter how many time you've heard it? Mine is definitely gimme shelter, I get a rush of emotion literally every time from the very first riff. It's also one I physically need to listen to at full volume, it's either really loud or not at all :laugh:

Reactions: peate and rik schau

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This song has been played around Christmastime forever apparently but it somehow eluded me, until now:

It got my attention as my first thought how much could done with it, were it morphed into a Prog song.

I did end up finding a version by Nightwish from over a decade ago:

But, couldn’t care less for its vocals, I really love the instrumental version.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad