OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m finally going to find out more and see never before aired video of a band I have followed for years and whose concerts in Montreal I have attended twice. Their name: I Pooh. A documentary on their career will be showing on RAI in a few minutes.

They had a long run and then their drummer passed away in 2020. They’re still performing after a 50 year career with the bass player’s son now playing drums, but their gigs are only on a limited basis.

Here’s a sample of one of their most dramatic and best pieces, shot late in their career:

These guys are considered to be Italy’s most iconic band. They’ve played all over the world and have had a long string of hits in Italy.

Reactions: rik schau

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I tried a bunch of other Miley tunes; She's got a man's voice sort of and some turned out really good. It's harder to go up in pitch with a male singer, and not have it sound like Alvin. Johnny Winter worked, l had him sounding like Bonnie Raitt, and with a few more keys higher some sounded exactly like Brenda Lee.:laugh: Great effect, without changing the tempo.

Speaking of tempo, these guys have it.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'm having too much turning songs around. I discovered new artists.

Erica Clapton, didnt know he had a sister.

This song is very popular these days, does a girl make it better? More hillbilly.

How about the Pointer sisters doing a classic?

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This song did not win the 73rd Sanremo Music Festival that concluded recently but it is being lauded by fans of this longstanding band — its melody is an automatic ear worm. From the 28 entries that competed, this is the only one where I could sing the melody after only having heard it once.

This is how they used to make pop music in the olden days — and they did it with clean lyrics and a chock full of emotion.

• Wow
Reactions: angusyoung

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
This song did not win the 73rd Sanremo Music Festival that concluded recently but it is being lauded by fans of this longstanding band — its melody is an automatic ear worm. From the 28 entries that competed, this is the only one where I could sing the melody after only having heard it once.

This is how they used to make pop music in the olden days — and they did it with clean lyrics and a chock full of emotion.

Brought to you by CASIO Inc.:sarcasm:

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Saw these guys for the first time without Udo,not the same but still good. The new material is not very good and dull.

This band opened up,impressive! never heard of them but got the evening started up right.

I was foollin' around with Audacity, a wave editor. It has a bunch of effects plug-ins, one of them gives interesting results.

Stop the presses! you should be a sound engineer,that version is much better than the original!

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

Liberace called,he wants his suits back lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Liberace called,he wants his suits back lol.

Those guys are quite ornery and old. Took Sanremo organizers 53 years to get them to enter a song in the competition. When you're past your prime I guess you lay it thicker on costumes and accessories.

• Haha

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I know, it's pretty amazing how she sounds. Especially in the chorus, it surprised the hell out of me The trick is to fiddle with micro tuning. Tears in heaven came out really good with just a few tones higher.

I liked that song Something in the orange, now I can't unhear it with the girl's hillbilly drawl.

Some girls make good male voices, other not so much. Shania is pretty good. Raising guy's voices is harder to find the right balance, with chipmunks right close.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Those guys are quite ornery and old. Took Sanremo organizers 53 years to get them to enter a song in the competition. When you're past your prime I guess you lay it thicker on costumes and accessories.
Ornery you say,well they are Italian isn't that part of the package?lol.
One season I was on a football,soccer, roster comprised of mostly Italians and the only time I saw a brawl breakout was among my teammates. lol. minga this minga that,va fungu, etc,it was nuts,but funny at the same time.lol.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad