OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I never gave them my money, never saw them play live. I liked the few songs that got airplay but couldn’t get invested enough in their secondary offerings like I was with other bands like Rush. But, they sure got a lot of mileage from their hits. I outgrew those songs and only noticed them when they appeared as movie tracks.
It was the Guess Who that I was thinking of,the answer was even in the question!.lol.

Sorry to be such a drongo,but have no idea what you mean by secondary offering nor outgrew songs? You used to like a song but time has passed? happens to a lot of songs imo.

Odd it doesn't play now,have to hit the link.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Kid's got good taste.
For sure! absolutely if you're grooming him to be the heir apparent for Ru-Paul.lol.
He's young man playing ice hockey,a high intensity adrenaline fueled sport,he should be banging his head to the likes of Motley Crue and Metallica.Remeber what happened to Bruce Jenner when he got into Barbra Streisand?lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was the Guess Who that I was thinking of,the answer was even in the question!.lol.

Sorry to be such a drongo,but have no idea what you mean by secondary offering nor outgrew songs? You used to like a song but time has passed? happens to a lot of songs imo.

Odd it doesn't play now,have to hit the link.

Secondary offerings = songs that didn’t get a lot of airplay or attention. FM radio focused mainly on Takin’ Care of Business, You ain’t seen nothing yet, Let it ride and Hey you.

I get fed up of most songs that are overplayed. But not Let it ride, their first top 10 hit in the US. Fred Turner has great pipes while delivering on bass. I think this stands out as their top song:

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dino Jelusick never ceases to amaze me. Brings it on keyboards, bass and vocals with an all star band on this Boston classic:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone watching the 73rd Sanremo Music Festival, from Feb. 7-11? It’s been a yearly ritual for me, having visited Italy and studied there.

The stage at the Ariston Theater is spectacular, all acts are accompanied by a large orchestra, the show usually covers more than just music and there are several personalities and major artists from the world over that attend and perform.

It’s also a very time consuming endeavour as there are several hours of daily coverage. Wish I had a PVR at a time such as this. I guess my week’s entertainment is set. Should be riveting as it is every year.

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
abvgDVB_460swp.webp

Reactions: Bahama Mama

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Secondary offerings = songs that didn’t get a lot of airplay or attention. FM radio focused mainly on Takin’ Care of Business, You ain’t seen nothing yet, Let it ride and Hey you.

I get fed up of most songs that are overplayed. But not Let it ride, their first top 10 hit in the US. Fred Turner has great pipes while delivering on bass. I think this stands out as their top song:

Gimme your money please was released as a single

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
For sure! absolutely if you're grooming him to be the heir apparent for Ru-Paul.lol.
He's young man playing ice hockey,a high intensity adrenaline fueled sport,he should be banging his head to the likes of Motley Crue and Metallica.Remeber what happened to Bruce Jenner when he got into Barbra Streisand?lol.
this is such a stupid way to look at the world :laugh:

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone watching the 73rd Sanremo Music Festival, from Feb. 7-11? It’s been a yearly ritual for me, having visited Italy and studied there.

The stage at the Ariston Theater is spectacular, all acts are accompanied by a large orchestra, the show usually covers more than just music and there are several personalities and major artists from the world over that attend and perform.

It’s also a very time consuming endeavour as there are several hours of daily coverage. Wish I had a PVR at a time such as this. I guess my week’s entertainment is set. Should be riveting as it is every year.

The Sanremo music festival offering its yearly dose of scandals and controversy. A presenter showed up on stage in a transparent dress exhibiting her intimate parts, and this with kids in the audience. It’s on social media, I won’t bother posting a link.

A contestant (Blanco) had his in-ear monitor quit working on him mid-performance so as his band mates kept playing, he kicked and wrecked anything in his path, which turned out to be a multidude of floral arrangements. It’s partly staged as he was supposed to roll on the stage floor but he took it farther:

And finally, yesterday they had an insult comic on who spent the better part of 20 minutes spewing expletives and repeatedly telling those in the audience to go F themselves.

Sanremo delivers yet again. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hot damn, who knew Sammy Davis Jr. was able do this! I’m bowled over.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone a fan of these guys? All I keep reading is how they should have made it big.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Anyone ever heard of this performer? we got invited to a show and were under the impression it was Sinead O'connor not this one. Don't know if it was the remnants of jet-lag or that the Titlis wonder drained me more that I thought,but haven't dozed off at a show since Radiohead,but to be fair,might have been an over indulgence of various items. lol
Am checking what shows will be in Montreal and wonder if it's time well spent to see Shania Twain,not much for me but some of the others would like to see her. Can you smoke in the Bell center? I see you can get ''product '' now,was curious how that works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad