OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Found a list of “forbidden riffs” — songs that are being overplayed at guitar stores. Anyone surprised by these?
  1. Stairway To Heaven – Led Zeppelin
  2. Smoke On The Water – Deep Purple
  3. Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns ‘N Roses
  4. The House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals
  5. Enter Sandman – Metallica
  6. Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
  7. Back In Black – AC/DC
  8. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
  9. Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
  10. Crazy Train – Ozzy Osbourne
  11. Blackbird – The Beatles
  12. Wonderwall – Oasis
  13. Eruption – Van Halen
  14. One – Metallica
  15. Bleed – Meshuggah
  16. Come As You Are – Nirvana
  17. Nothing Else Matters – Metallica
  18. Iron Man – Black Sabbath
  19. Walk – Pantera
  20. More Than Words – Extreme
  21. Everlong – Foo Fighters
Forbidden Riffs: Songs Guitar Store Employees are Tired of Hearing
I can hear 4,6,14 still,the others,pass.

If I was much younger and ''shopping''what I know now,would play this

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not a Tom Jones fan but it took Crosby’s passing for me to find out that he once sang with CSN&Y.

That last tweet describes part of who Crosby was but he was so much more. RIP.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Brilliant man,bloody brilliant story!!!!

Unreal how Crosby had such an impact on Harrison just by handing him an album. Hopefully, he also broke up the band he was performing that song with, just to stay in character, lol. Thx for sharing.

Reactions: rik schau

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The song (and the music video) has been everywhere for the last week, I was actually wondering what you are thinking of it :laugh:
She could read the phonebook and I'd find something good in it. :laugh:

It's pure pop, catchy and fun lyrics. Not to mention how f***in' beautiful she's gotten as she ages. :amazed:

• Love
Reactions: DavePeak

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I know the Swedes are a four letter word with the Habs but I think this perfectly exemplifies the state our team is in (and hopefully the way we're going towards).

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Been on a cruise ship for 2 weeks, just found out Robbie Bachman passed away on the 12th. Very sad 😞, very unappreciated drummer! He was rock solid! Sure wish the brothers could have mended their differences, great memories of them from my teenage years!

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Been on a cruise ship for 2 weeks, just found out Robbie Bachman passed away on the 12th. Very sad 😞, very unappreciated drummer! He was rock solid! Sure wish the brothers could have mended their differences, great memories of them from my teenage years!
BTO was huge in the mid-70s and got a ton of air play on CHOM, with some of their songs getting traction in the US.

I’ve always liked this under the radar song — you can see Robbie playing on this:

BTO is probably the best thing to come out of Winnipeg, the band members always mentioned their home city. No doubt, one of Canada’s greatest bands and Robbie’s playing stood out. RIP.

Last edited:

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
BTO was huge in the mid-70s and got a ton of air play on CHOM, with some of their songs getting traction in the US.

I’ve always liked this under the radar song — you can see Robbie playing on this:

BTO is probably the best thing to come out of Winnipeg, the band members always mentioned their home city. No doubt, one of Canada’s greatest bands and Robbie’s playing stood out. RIP.

Looking out for #1 always stood out to me! Showed the true ability of these 4 outstanding musicians. Always loved their sledgehammer sound, but also the cool riffs on tunes like Blue Collar, Stonegates, Down etc. Too many great tunes to even mention! RIP Robbie.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Possibly, think that another might have been more internationally recognized,won't tell ya though,ya gotta guess who I'm thinking of.

Fact or fiction?looks cgi. Too new,clean no marks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Always liked this tune from them among many others.

I never gave them my money, never saw them play live. I liked the few songs that got airplay but couldn’t get invested enough in their secondary offerings like I was with other bands like Rush. But, they sure got a lot of mileage from their hits. I outgrew those songs and only noticed them when they appeared as movie tracks.

Reactions: rik schau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad