OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I was listening to CHOM this morning and I was a bit surprised to hear that Styx still wasn't even nominated once to the Rock Hall of Fame. Meanwhile there are some artists getting in that are... well.. weird choices. They've been eligible since 1998! :amazed:

It's pretty much pay to play at this point. You'll notice, the artists who get in are most of the time on a promo run for some new release.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It's pretty much pay to play at this point. You'll notice, the artists who get in are most of the time on a promo run for some new release.

I don't really care all that much about it or most of the artists that get in to be honest. Only a few of them are getting my attention, like Rush. It's cool that they did it while Neil Peart was still alive

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
You can say that about a lot of bands,revolving doors. Check out Deep Purple,what a joke,same as Sabbath.

No need to preach to me being an activist and all,pretty tight with Pete too,know them?

I was not preaching about activism as Lynott was not an activist....not sure you know much about the band at all.

You can't compare Lizzy playing without Lynott to Sabbath and Purple who had rotating singers but none of whom were prominent writers in the band. Lynott formed the band and wrote all of their songs as well as being the lead vocalist and bass player.

The current iteration of Thin Lizzy doesn't have a single original member lol......they are essentially a cover band. Lynott WAS Thin Lizzy and for the band to ever have carried on without him was asinine and a transparent money grab. You couldn't pay me to watch these clowns.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is what happens to those who don’t make it in the business. Or who play Stairway to Heaven in guitar stores.

So many killer moments: the guy tapping out, the classic grab from the pant belt, the store employee using the guy’s head to open the front door and the shoe toss at the end. :laugh:

waynes-no-stairway-denied.gif

Last edited:

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I was not preaching about activism as Lynott was not an activist....not sure you know much about the band at all.

You can't compare Lizzy playing without Lynott to Sabbath and Purple who had rotating singers but none of whom were prominent writers in the band. Lynott formed the band and wrote all of their songs as well as being the lead vocalist and bass player.

The current iteration of Thin Lizzy doesn't have a single original member lol......they are essentially a cover band. Lynott WAS Thin Lizzy and for the band to ever have carried on without him was asinine and a transparent money grab. You couldn't pay me to watch these clowns.
I wouldn't pay to see them either,they simply were on the bill with many other bands,and they had a few geezers in the band.The few songs I know from them and it sounded good,that's all I care. Saw the original lineup decades ago but don't recall a thing except I saw them,back then a lot of people were blotted on blotter.lol.

If you've come in search of finding a virgin to sacrifice,you may have come to the right place. lol

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
This is what happens to those who don’t make it in the business. Or who play Stairway to Heaven in guitar stores.

So many killer moments: the guy tapping out, the classic grab from the pant belt, the store employee using the guy’s head to open the front door and the shoe toss at the end. :laugh:

waynes-no-stairway-denied.gif

The only meth head in America without a gun I guess.lol.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Found a list of “forbidden riffs” — songs that are being overplayed at guitar stores. Anyone surprised by these?
  1. Stairway To Heaven – Led Zeppelin
  2. Smoke On The Water – Deep Purple
  3. Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns ‘N Roses
  4. The House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals
  5. Enter Sandman – Metallica
  6. Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
  7. Back In Black – AC/DC
  8. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
  9. Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
  10. Crazy Train – Ozzy Osbourne
  11. Blackbird – The Beatles
  12. Wonderwall – Oasis