Status
Not open for further replies.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
Won Gold the World Junior Championships
Won the AHL Calder Cup and MVP of the play offs
Won Gold Medal Team Canada
Won World Cup Teams Canada
Won all the hardware he could possibly win in 2015 as the best player in the world.

Only place he has not won a Championship is in Montreal.

I like Brendan Gallagher . But show me a team where he is your best forward and ill show you loser team.

Price is a problem though.

1. He is the only reason the habs have had zero first over all picks.
2. He keeps Bergevin employed as the GM.

Its too bad for Habs fans and for Carey himself that he is not a Jet, or Canuck, or Oiler. He should have pulled a Johnny T .

I wish he had of pulled a Johnny T. We wouldn't be saddled with that ridiculous contract. All those accomplishments you listed aren't with Montreal.

I enjoy watching the juniors and the Olympics but this is the habs board. As you said price hasn't won anything with Montreal. You proved my point. Thanks.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I wish he had of pulled a Johnny T. We wouldn't be saddled with that ridiculous contract. All those accomplishments you listed aren't with Montreal.

I enjoy watching the juniors and the Olympics but this is the habs board. As you said price hasn't won anything with Montreal. You proved my point. Thanks.

Montreal hasn't had a team to win anything though. I don't think the formula to success is to move your best players because they haven't won things on your bad teams.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Jesus was loved and Jesus was hated.
220px-Carey_Price_-_Canadiens_2012-13_%281%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

When he stands on his head and bails us out for a win it is rarely discussed but he is crucified when he can't save us. A tough position to be in, the mob is out even though we rarely hear from them otherwise. The pitchfork people aren't mentioning the fact that we had 6 pp's last night against one of the worst teams in the league and yes we did score a goal but there was no compete in us last night. Oh well, continue as you were.
I admire Carey Price but the poor guy is alone on an island. He needs help.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Lol right. We upgraded our 4th line.. it was such an important aspect to improve :laugh:

Only Thompson is playing on the 4th line regularly but hes -5 in 13 games. Weise haven't done **** and Weal scored a goal while playing on the top 9 but is -4 in 3 games. Did we win more since acquiring them? Or are we better since? Or are we more productive? Or are we better better defensively? All NOs.

Niemi had like one good game where he received 50 shots. Hes been pretty bad all season. He gives almost 4 goals per game.

We had to score 4 goals or more in 82% of his starts this season.

Nothing to do with hindsight. Just some hockey knowledge... or maybe standards.

Please continue blessing us with your hockey knowledge o great red scooter

You called it months ago - we needed Kinkaid to make the playoffs! He surely would have been better than Price against Anaheim.

We should have listened to your suggestions for the fourth line. What were they again?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The Habs have a world class goalie soon to be exiting his prime and in 7 years the GM has failed to surround him with a legitimately good team.
Why sign the guy to that contract if you can’t find him help?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Price never was a money goalie. He is a good goalie, but cracks in the big game. He can't deal with pressure

He was very bad yesterday. But let's be fair the defense was a trainwreck in this game. This was at best a 4-2 lost. Jordie Benn and Weber were both particularity awful in their zone. If Benn doesn't sit next game it's because he is a vet. Any kid would sit after a game like that. I'll never understand the love for Benn. He looks good at time but he crap the bed when things are getting serious. IMO he's a 7th/AHL dman.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Why did he sign that huge contract then ? He should just had waited to hit the UFA market and get as much on a contending team. Did he know that his injuries' story would prevent him to get that huge contract elsewhere ? And for Habs fans, losing Price on a UFA market or in a trade would had been less shocking than losing Subban,a darling around here and a guy that was "too" popular for Molson's sake.

Don't think he gets that kind of money on the UFA market. It would have been a big gamble. Beside you can't get 8 years as a UFA and with his age no way he would get the same amount of money after his 7 years contract expired so he would have lost good money on the last year of his current contract as a UFA.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The hate on Price here is pathetic. Sure he will never be that 10.5 million goalie, but we are a bottom 5 team in the league without him.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I didn't last into the third but what I saw was not pretty. We looked drunk last night. I thought we were going to crush those guys but we wind up getting stomped by Anaheim.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hey, Price was le tired against the Penguins. He was also le tired against Toronto.
I hate the tired excuse, but are you saying he was NOT tired against the Pens when he played a whole month straight? Leafs had 2 en and a lucky ass bounce on a goal, it seems pretty odd to blame Carey for those.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I quit with a few minutes left at 5-2, how’d it get to 8? :laugh:

Shoulda sent anti instead

You should've stuck around until the 6th goal at least. That's when they Habs really fell apart according to Julien in his post game comments. :)

“We had lots of shots and chances but we couldn’t finish,” added Julien. “To me, it was a fairly even game but when they scored that sixth goal, we fell apart and gave them a few more.”

In the Habs' Room: 'When they scored that sixth goal, we fell apart,' Julien says

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Please continue blessing us with your hockey knowledge o great red scooter

You called it months ago - we needed Kinkaid to make the playoffs! He surely would have been better than Price against Anaheim.

We should have listened to your suggestions for the fourth line. What were they again?

Now you're just inventing stuff. What a waste of time.

Not my problem if you think the 4th line was our main problem to fix to help us in the playoffs and that Niemi was doing fine with his 3.78 goals per games average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad