Post-Game Talk: Murphy's Law kicks in. Habs lose 8-2 to Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who was the Player of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It's pretty sad. It's those same fans who booed Roy against the RedWings that cried about the trade.. seems like they don't learn from their mistakes.

There’s nothing any fan can do. That’s what sucks so much about it. It makes a sane person want to scream.

Reactions: Acadien86

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
A big player running his leg into a post is a “boo boo.” Halak was a fluke, five teams after us saw it. Stop crying over that.

I'm not crying over it. I'm just sick of price constantly **itting the bed and watching as everyone gives him a pass. Do me a favour and watch the sports highlights from last night. Then go back and watch the highlights from last Saturday against pittsburgh....then the last time we played the leafs. That my friend is the true Carey price.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm not crying over it. I'm just sick of price constantly **itting the bed and watching as everyone gives him a pass. Do me a favour and watch the sports highlights from last night. Then go back and watch the highlights from last Saturday against pittsburgh....then the last time we played the leafs. That my friend is the true Carey price.

There were deflections coming from areas I rarely seen a peewee team give up. If you’re trying to somehow make last night about Price, I will laugh historically at you. The team was attrocious.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I missed the GDT tonight. And I guess you can say a few players deserve getting crap. Price isn’t one. But the team has overachieved for the most part so I have a hard time ripping on most of them outside a few and even management. We’re still transitioning after Bergevin destroyed the previous core a few seasons ago and every time I looked at the schedule, I knew this stretch was going to kill us so I guess I was just prepared for the drop off.
keep that bar low buddy

Point is they stunk....that is never justified by some over achieving through the regular season

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
There were deflections coming from areas I rarely seen a peewee team give up. If you’re trying to somehow make last night about Price, I will laugh historically at you. The team was attrocious.
31st place team without Pricer.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
In a fast-moving league, the team has to move on quickly to the next one.

The Habs are not 100% awful, but they've also shown they cannot win the big games.

Lots of players with career years, though. So there's that.

It will be a 1st round exit, or a miniscule percentage draft lottery.

At least the promising prospect pool is there...

Jul 6, 2016
This Habs team is running out of gas. It just happening later than I was expected. The guys battled hard most of the time so far this season, but their resources have limits. In this trip, they hit the wall, but it could be forecasted back to those games vs the Leafs. Losing in OT in one, and allowing six goals after having taken the lead 3-0. The loss in NJ was bad too. Very bad for the "mental" ! They played a very solid road game in San Jose.... but their backup goalie let them dry.

Now, it would take almost a miracle to save them. Unless Columbus keep sucking hard. Philly is not far behind and can catch the Habs too.

If I am really positively surprised by their overall performances this season, I am disappointed by some individual players that could had made the "difference" if they would had provided more consistency in their game. You know them (him) as well.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
31st place team without Pricer.

I could honestly care less about Price. He wasn’t good, but the game around him was embarrassing. Yet people use the easy scapegoat to blame the goalie. That’s what I can’t stand about this fanbase. It got to Roy and Dryden. And it’s what makes Price staying here impressive.

Reactions: Censored Toad

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
If Montreal misses the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years there is no justification to bring back that clown Bergevin.

Reactions: OldCraig71

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I could honestly care less about Price. He wasn’t good, but the game around him was embarrassing. Yet people use the easy scapegoat to blame the goalie. That’s what I can’t stand about this fanbase. It got to Roy and Dryden. And it’s what makes Price staying here impressive.
I'm impressed by Price period. But I would have been just as or more impressed if he has pulled a Tavares and split in pursuit of a championship.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If Montreal misses the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years there is no justification to bring back that clown Bergevin.
As Boone said on Thursday "the habs could lose every game the rest of the way and this season would still be a huge success"

Thats how low the bar in Montreal is these days. MB will bet there for year to come.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016

Why ? The team had made lots of progress in the lst year and the prospects cupboard is looking better than in the last ten seasons.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm impressed by Price period. But I would have been just as or more impressed if he has pulled a Tavares and split in pursuit of a championship.

He should have. Bergevin was to stubborn to do it. He offered a once in a lifetime contract. No rational person would’ve turned that down in his situation.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
The face of a Captain whose team is struggling on this long season....
Weber Loss Anaheim.jpg

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Another day at the office for price. I've been saying for years how much I believe this guy is a complete overrated fraud. His "days at the office" only get worse come playoff time.

Let's face it...besides his Olympic success he hasn't won anything....and a pee wee goalie could have won gold for Canada that year.

Allowing 8 goals in a must win game against one of the worst teams in the league is inexcusable. He's also put down similar efforts against Toronto and Pittsburgh. Can we buy this clown out already?

One of the best habs goalies of all time....hell no. One of the best goalies of all time...hell no. One of the best goalies this year....hell no. A mediocre overpaid goalie who was handed everything since he was 18....sums it up for me.
Won Gold the World Junior Championships
Won the AHL Calder Cup and MVP of the play offs
Won Gold Medal Team Canada
Won World Cup Teams Canada
Won all the hardware he could possibly win in 2015 as the best player in the world.

Only place he has not won a Championship is in Montreal.

I like Brendan Gallagher . But show me a team where he is your best forward and ill show you loser team.

Price is a problem though.

1. He is the only reason the habs have had zero first over all picks.
2. He keeps Bergevin employed as the GM.

Its too bad for Habs fans and for Carey himself that he is not a Jet, or Canuck, or Oiler. He should have pulled a Johnny T .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad