Votes: 109 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 275 71.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
He's a top 5 player in the game. The vast majority of general fans don't recognize this. Hence why the players constantly vote him underrated, yet the fans fail to understand why, when they already view him as a good "top 10 C".
See, this is my point....he's not a top 5 player....if you think so, you are overrating him.

I guess the best way to have the discussions around whether a player is overrated or underrated is to start with what the consensus rating is first because that is probably all over the map as well.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
See, this is my point....he's not a top 5 player....if you think so, you are overrating him.

I guess the best way to have the discussions around whether a player is overrated or underrated is to start with what the consensus rating is first because that is probably all over the map as well.

That poster is going to make me back pedal my entire argument. Haha

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
every team in the NHL would LOVE to have Barkov he's Amazing and no way is overrated. if he's not a top 10 C then he's not far off

How could he not be a top10C?

In his offensive down year he was still clearly +ppg.

He’s won selke, 96 point career high, 88 points in 67 games last year.
An absolute monster in this playoff run

• Love
Reactions: Craft Beer Lover

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
How could he not be a top10C?

In his offensive down year he was still clearly +ppg.

He’s won selke, 96 point career high, 88 points in 67 games last year.
An absolute monster in this playoff run
I never said he wasn't top 10. more so saying to those who dont think he is.
everyone has their own rankings though.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Barkov is comfortable a Top10 center. Borderline Top5. He might lose a bit on the offensive side to some, but he is very good 200ft player which makes up a bit on the points difference. Work-ethic, backchecking, takeaways, FO:s etc is his game. One of the harder C:s to play against.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
He's a top 5 player in the game. The vast majority of general fans don't recognize this. Hence why the players constantly vote him underrated, yet the fans fail to understand why, when they already view him as a good "top 10 C".
Barkov finished 6th in a mid-season ESPN poll where they asked NHL players, executives and coaches who are the best centers in the league.

Reactions: coooldude

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
This is mood swings, I know. But right now I think I would rather have Barkov on my team than Matthews.

Reactions: TMLife17

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl

Name five players you’d rank above Barkov.

• Haha
Reactions: 5Hollywood5

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
21 points in 20 games while shutting down McDavid in the finals is not doing much in the playoffs?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
10000%. Look how many people think he’s a top 3 center in the other thread (and some think he’s the #1 lmao). Easily one of the most overrated players in the league, which is crazy because he was one of the most underrated players 1-2 years ago. Fans eat up everything ESPN tells them, scary.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
10000%. Look how many people think he’s a top 3 center in the other thread (and some think he’s the #1 lmao). Easily one of the most overrated players in the league, which is crazy because he was one of the most underrated players 1-2 years ago. Fans eat up everything ESPN tells them, scary.

I think a lot of fans have a hard time separating team success from individual performance.

He's a great player and now he's getting a lot of attention and recognition because he plays on a formidable team that's been prominent recently (two SCF appearances in a row).

He was a damn good player three years ago as well, but no one cared/talked about FLA back then. He was kind of lost in the shuffle.

Overall, I'm not convinced he's overrated, but his rise up the rankings in people's minds seems to correlate strongly with his team's ascension. I do think he's raised his level of play in the playoffs somewhat, but that's not the main reason FLA has gone from being perennially irrelevant to being a probable Stanley Cup winner.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
What some ding dongs on a message board say doesn't make someone over/underrated. You have to compare to a general consensus, otherwise you can find any whacko to point to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad