GDT: Muller's 48th Birthday Extravaganza--Habs @ Canes 2/8 6PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Whatever everyone did during 2nd intermission on NYE start doing it. I'm doing my part by drinking a coors light and turning off the TV and logging off HFBoards.

#onlyweirdifitdoesntwork #grit #yolo #thuglife

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Since Tripp praised Sekera and Faulk for not checking out they've been out there for 3 goals in 10 minutes. Superb.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Makes me sad to lose to Frenchies. They'll be one of the bubble teams ahead of us in line for playoffs.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Makes me sad to lose to Frenchies. They'll be one of the bubble teams ahead of us in line for playoffs.

You might want to start thinking about putting the playoffs out of mind. A loss today keeps the team 5 points out of 3rd place in the division with 25 games to go. Might seem insignificant, but given how difficult it is to move in the standings (with every team playing each other and the existence of 3-point games), it's quite a mountain to climb. And while the wildcard spot is closer, they'll still have to outplay 3 teams above them. To say nothing about the two other teams that are currently tied in points with the Canes.

The team is in the same position it was a month ago, and that's with getting 10 wins in January. Unless a completely different team shows up after the Olympics, one that can rattle off a 5-7 game winning streak right out of the gates, it's looking like a lost cause.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Glad I missed most of this one.

The Canes are outside of the playoffs, which is exactly where they deserve to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad