OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Fiction, I think.
There is no way this amount of overt unexplainable futility can happen simultaneously across 4 major league sports to the same market. It’s inexplicable and insufferable. I hate this state with every thread of my being. I would have rather been born in Somalia

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
There is no way this amount of overt unexplainable futility can happen simultaneously across 4 major league sports to the same market. It’s inexplicable and insufferable. I hate this state with every thread of my being. I would have rather been born in Somalia
Well then move!!!! Come on, man!!! It's not that serious. There is no curse. The witches of Wisconsin did not put us under some twisted spell.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Well then move!!!! Come on, man!!! It's not that serious. There is no curse. The witches of Wisconsin did not put us under some twisted spell.
Well my dad died young end of last year. Now my mom is the only thing left holding me here and I’m quite sure she will out live me dooming me to spend the rest of my days in this ridiculous wasteland of insane taxes and clown world idiocy. The sports futility is just rhe cherry on the shit cake lol

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Well my dad died young end of last year. Now my mom is the only thing left holding me here and I’m quite sure she will out live me dooming me to spend the rest of my days in this ridiculous wasteland of insane taxes and clown world idiocy. The sports futility is just rhe cherry on the shit cake lol
Sorry to hear about your dad.

You don't want to move. Where ya gonna go?Every place in this country is messed up anyway and the whole world isn't much better. Might as well stay here for all the SPAM. :laugh:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Sorry to hear about your dad.

You don't want to move. Where ya gonna go?Every place in this country is messed up anyway and the whole world isn't much better. Might as well stay here for all the SPAM. :laugh:
Thanks , there really isn’t anywhere to go. I will leave St. Louis county though. That is a guarantee.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

That seems like way too much effort for anyone here to bother with. There is enough beer and cheese to fully occupy our free time.

• Haha
Reactions: NHL1674

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Near Duluth? I would love to live on the north shore, but couldn't handle being that far away from the cities.
No , Hibbing area. I don’t believe I’ll ever go to Duluth again after what I witnessed last month. It has devolved into one of the most disgusting metro areas I’ve ever seen. Junkies and homeless and garbage littering every downtown street. Just filthy. I took the wife and kid there for sushi last month. While parking outside Hanabi this homeless chick maybe only 20 years old walks up to a garbage can and tips it over and starts picking through the trash. Not 30’ up the street from there was 10-12 junkies in various states of face down on the street. My daughter is almost 17 and I wanted to cover her eyes.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021

I honestly dont think losing KAT is as big of a loss and peeps might think it is. Also saw someone else mention and i agree with it that Randle might be a trade piece going forward and the Wolves might lean into Naz Reid more whos a very good player.

Also worth mentioning that the owner is a cheap ass and didnt wanna pay the luxury tax we would of had to pay if we kept KAT.

Reactions: 57special

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Randle is such a bad fit for the Wolves. Playing style, personality, culture. He’s part of a dying breed and a constant malcontent. He’s a black hole ball dominant ball hog, inefficient, and injury prone. He’s a worse scorer AND defender than KAT, plus his play style eats into ANT’s ISO points. Unless they plan on ANT transitioning to be more or a shooter, or McDaniels improving his shooting, it’s undeniably a downgrade. DiVincenzo is a nice piece, but I hope they flip Randall for another player.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I honestly dont think losing KAT is as big of a loss and peeps might think it is. Also saw someone else mention and i agree with it that Randle might be a trade piece going forward and the Wolves might lean into Naz Reid more whos a very good player.

Also worth mentioning that the owner is a cheap ass and didnt wanna pay the luxury tax we would of had to pay if we kept KAT.
Ballsy move to say the least. If it doesn't go great, that's a lot of goodwill from last season possibly going away.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

I wouldn't say they're cheap because they don't want to go over the salary cap.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Is Gelnn Taylor not a notoriously cheap owner?

I very easily could have a false idea of him but i always thought he was incredibly cheap.
Eh, I wouldn't say cheap. I think they were much cheaper in the 90s, but recently they haven't had a problem spending money on players, IMHO.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wouldn't say they're cheap because they don't want to go over the salary cap.
I'd have to see what the numbers actually would be KAT vs. no KAT, but with the current financial climate in the NBA, I'm pretty sure that any franchise that seriously wants to win pays into the luxury tax.

This is just a signal in the opposite direction.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I'd have to see what the numbers actually would be KAT vs. no KAT, but with the current financial climate in the NBA, I'm pretty sure that any franchise that seriously wants to win pays into the luxury tax.

This is just a signal in the opposite direction.
You are correct. Looked it up and 14 of the last 18 NBA champions were over the luxury tax.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I love Naz Reid and I guess I’m indifferent on KAT. He disappears for stretches way too often. Talent is undeniable but his constant crying and whining won’t be missed. If KAT being gone means a bigger role for Naz I’m all for it

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Comeback comes up just short, but they got screwed on the onside kick they recovered. The ref called them offside when they were not.

Fell 27-24. Not bad considering they were down 24-3 in the 3rd quarter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad