Proposal: MTL - NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
And Habs arent trading their best defensive forward for a mere 2nd rd pick. 1st rd pick, or something of similar value

First round pick is too rich for my blood. I would give a 2nd and a solid prospect/4th rounder. If you can get a 1st then go for it.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
First round pick is too rich for my blood. I would give a 2nd and a solid prospect/4th rounder. If you can get a 1st then go for it.
Again, trading him for 2 + 4 does nothing for the Habs. Unless the return is a 2nd + B prospect ala Jones, it's not worth it for them

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
kravtsov is a bust. i'd keep Lehkonen

how is he a bust when he’s currently be playing in the rangers top 6 if he didn’t refuse to report???
Almost every single rangers fan was excited to see what he could do playing with top 6 talent this year....
Then he bounced because he’s too good for the AHL mentality.
He’s had a pretty solid return In the KHL.
Some one is going to get him at a discount because of all that’s transpired, but he’s certainly got potential to have a better career then Lehkonen if he gets the opportunity. He’s a big skilled talented kid.
I just wish he wasn’t so spoiled.
And that’s not a shot at Lehkonen. He’s a solid 3rd liner. I’d love to add him. But no way he returns a 1st, that’s crazy talk. If that’s what Gorton wants in return, I’d rather trade for Jarnkrok. Both are very similar and Jarnkrok could play center as well.
No way in hell he brings back a 1st either.
My best guess is Lehkonen probably returns a 2nd+decent prospect like Renunnen.
Jarnkrok prob a straight up 2nd or a 3rd+ similar prospect since he’s a FA
Gorton has had a lot of success finding some gems in the 2nd/3rd rounds

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Than where does Laf fit in? You think Laf will be happy playing on the 4th line. You haven't stop crying about Krav not getting proper ice time and linemates and now you want to do the same to Laf.
We are waiting for LaF's skating to catch up to the rest of his game which I guess will start to optimize by middle of next season, at which pt he becomes a terror and LaF-Chytil-Gauthier gets really real.

Sufficient time for him to hang elsewhere while Krav establishes himself. Once K is established, somebody can be dealt.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
how is he a bust when he’s currently be playing in the rangers top 6 if he didn’t refuse to report???
Almost every single rangers fan was excited to see what he could do playing with top 6 talent this year....
Then he bounced because he’s too good for the AHL mentality.
He’s had a pretty solid return In the KHL.
Some one is going to get him at a discount because of all that’s transpired, but he’s certainly got potential to have a better career then Lehkonen if he gets the opportunity. He’s a big skilled talented kid.
I just wish he wasn’t so spoiled.
And that’s not a shot at Lehkonen. He’s a solid 3rd liner. I’d love to add him. But no way he returns a 1st, that’s crazy talk. If that’s what Gorton wants in return, I’d rather trade for Jarnkrok. Both are very similar and Jarnkrok could play center as well.
No way in hell he brings back a 1st either.
My best guess is Lehkonen probably returns a 2nd+decent prospect like Renunnen.
Jarnkrok prob a straight up 2nd or a 3rd+ similar prospect since he’s a FA
Gorton has had a lot of success finding some gems in the 2nd/3rd rounds
why his he refusing to go back if he would be guaranteed a top 6 spot

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
why his he refusing to go back if he would be guaranteed a top 6 spot
He refused a AHL conditioning stint for the waiver period... the damage has been done at this point.... the team he walked out on ( for 2nd time) isn’t going to welcome him back with open arms and promise him a top 6 spot.....
He also had more then 1 altercation with Drury. 1 before he was made GM, and 1 after.....
The trust/respect factor between those 2 is completely unfixable at this point IMO....
He came back from injury in preseason, they wanted to send him to Hartford for a short term conditioning stint because he was waiver exempt, there was a giant argument, he demanded a trade and left back to Russia. That’s where we are at at this point

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
The situation with Kravtsov is hardly akin to the one with ADA.
The situation is the same in that he is a player that has fallen out of favor with management. Someone they would preferably like to move. They lost a valuable asset in ADA for no return. I dont want the same to happen with Kratsov. If they are set on moving him, build up his value first.

Reactions: bernmeister

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
And Habs arent trading their best defensive forward for a mere 2nd rd pick. 1st rd pick, or something of similar value
A first round pick for a third line winger? No thanks. They would be lucky to get a second.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
First Carey Price is worth a 1st+ with no retention. Then Ben Chiarot is worth a 1st. Now Lehkonen is worth a 1st. Who's next? Joel Armia? Brendan Gallagher? Michael Pezzetta?

Reactions: rangersfansince08

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
We lost to Tampa last year because of their third line. In the playoff, the third line is very important.

I know its hard to do but take the Habs colored glasses off and honestly tell me if the rolls were reversed you would give a first round pick for Lehkonen or any third line winger.. the Rangers have plenty of defensive forwards to fill up third and fourth lines. If I was going to deal a first and a prospect I would sweeten the package and get Hertl. A scorer and upcoming UFA.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The situation is the same in that he is a player that has fallen out of favor with management. Someone they would preferably like to move. They lost a valuable asset in ADA for no return. I dont want the same to happen with Kratsov. If they are set on moving him, build up his value first.

da bold

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I know its hard to do but take the Habs colored glasses off and honestly tell me if the rolls were reversed you would give a first round pick for Lehkonen or any third line winger.. the Rangers have plenty of defensive forwards to fill up third and fourth lines. If I was going to deal a first and a prospect I would sweeten the package and get Hertl. A scorer and upcoming UFA.
I am not saying the Rangers should be sending the 1st for Lehk. I am just saying don't underestimate the role of the 3rd line players. Lehk scored the OT goal to send the Knights away. In the clinching game against us, the scored was tied for almost 2 periods and Tampa 3rd line scored the winning goal to clinch the Cup.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
And that would probably cost you a 1st + Kravtsov for a guy you can't sign to another contract.

Good move I'd like to see it!

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
And that would probably cost you a 1st + Kravtsov for a guy you can't sign to another contract.

Good move I'd like to see it!
Rangers never had a problem resigning free agents. The problem would be getting the cap space. Keeping Strome and Blais would be difficult.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Not at all.

Management has fallen out of favor with Kravtsov.

And the Rangers did get something for ADA—him off the team. There was value in addition by subtraction.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
NO NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE

Krav is gonna cost solid high 1st round unless/until he demonstrates his value otherwise, and if Drury, who effed up this situation in the first place, decides to do the right thing and about face and not be reckless and irresponsible, then he will play signif mins w/first liners when he gets here in a month + and demonstrate his top 10 talent.

Compared to Krav, AL is a nothingburger

Keaving is bust territory

best return is another change offs rnery player from elsewhere drafted high.

the montreal player offered is the type a cap strapped team won’t offer a QO on because a good season he gets a higher award that the club can’t fit. You need two arbitration’s for a second buy out window to open.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I can kind of understand not wanting to trade a 1st for a guy like Lehkonen, but its pretty obvious to people without Rangers coloured glasses that the Rangers don't actually have plenty of defensive forwards on the 3rd and 4th lines. Or at least they don't have defensive forwards that are playing their roles well enough on the 3rd and 4th lines. They're amongst the worst teams in the league 5v5 in xGA and high danger chances against. Shesterkin has been incredible, but relying on one goalie isn't a recipe for success. They also don't score much 5v5 outside of Strome and Panarin and have the 2nd worst 5v5 GF% among playoff teams which doesn't bode well for playoff success.

I would imagine that adding a guy like Lehkonen, a guy with control who, despite playing on a terrible team with worse 5v5 numbers than the Rangers:

1) has fantastic defensive impacts playing against top competition;
2) is actually producing at 5v5; and
3) can play up and down the line-up;

would be exactly the kind of smart addition a team in the Rangers' position should make. Which is likely why the Rangers and Canadiens have reportedly been talking Lehkonen.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Not at all.

Management has fallen out of favor with Kravtsov.

And the Rangers did get something for ADA—him off the team. There was value in addition by subtraction.

Yes you subtracted a mobile , hard nosed RD who has 7 goals and 33 points in 33 games. He is also a plus 12 . No doubt Ranger management totally shat the bed in dealing with him. If management wanted to move on from him you build up his value and then deal him. What was our return for him, "0". The only addition I guess was we got rid of Quinn and got Gallant.

Oh my, he is not a nice person according to some. I dont care. It was an issue that the coach should have handled. I bet if Gallant were here at the time, ADA would be still on the team. Also don't tell me there are some nights where you would'nt like to kick the feces our of Georgie.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
I can kind of understand not wanting to trade a 1st for a guy like Lehkonen, but its pretty obvious to people without Rangers coloured glasses that the Rangers don't actually have plenty of defensive forwards on the 3rd and 4th lines. Or at least they don't have defensive forwards that are playing their roles well enough on the 3rd and 4th lines. They're amongst the worst teams in the league 5v5 in xGA and high danger chances against. Shesterkin has been incredible, but relying on one goalie isn't a recipe for success. They also don't score much 5v5 outside of Strome and Panarin and have the 2nd worst 5v5 GF% among playoff teams which doesn't bode well for playoff success.

I would imagine that adding a guy like Lehkonen, a guy with control who, despite playing on a terrible team with worse 5v5 numbers than the Rangers:

1) has fantastic defensive impacts playing against top competition;
2) is actually producing at 5v5; and
3) can play up and down the line-up;

would be exactly the kind of smart addition a team in the Rangers' position should make. Which is likely why the Rangers and Canadiens have reportedly been talking Lehkonen.

Listen to yourself Captain... do you sell used cars or time shares. Fantasic defensive impact? He is a -6 playing with your 8 million dollar man. Even in a crap lineup -6 does not earn the adjective "fantastic".

Producing ? He has 6 goals and 10 assists in 39 games. What exactly is he producing?

Up and down the lineup? On a team with 23 points after 42 games , that could describe anyone on your team.

If the Rangers are talking with the Habs about Leh. My offer would be a third round , or at the most a second round pick.. After giving Suzuki almost 8 million for the next what 8-9 years , who knows what Leh would get in Montreal.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Listen to yourself Captain... do you sell used cars or time shares. Fantasic defensive impact? He is a -6 playing with your 8 million dollar man. Even in a crap lineup -6 does not earn the adjective "fantastic".

Producing ? He has 6 goals and 10 assists in 39 games. What exactly is he producing?

Up and down the lineup? On a team with 23 points after 42 games , that could describe anyone on your team.

If the Rangers are talking with the Habs about Leh. My offer would be a third round , or at the most a second round pick.. After giving Suzuki almost 8 million for the next what 8-9 years , who knows what Leh would get in Montreal.

Don Cherry, is that you? You're arguing using +/- and don't know the difference between 5v5, PP and PKs. Or, like, any nuance at all. Let me dumb it down for you:

1) Rangers not good when not on power play or killing penalty.
2) Less power plays in playoffs.
2) Lehkonen very good when not on power play.
3) Most Rangers forwards no score much 5v5 unless play big minutes.
4) Lehkonen score more 5v5 than most Rangers and plays lesser minutes.

The idea that Lehkonen is worth a 3rd considering what guys with his numbers and play style have gone for at the deadline for a while now is funny, but at the end of the day though I don't really care all that much about Kravstov or that the Rangers look like a paper tiger right now. I thought the Rangers adding a player that does very well in all the areas the Rangers struggle made sense, but I guess I was wrong.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Ok I am Don Cherry and the Rangers are a paper tiger. Time to move on, you clearly have not watched many Ranger games this year. This discussion is going nowhere enjoy your hockey season and good health.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I would def trade Kravtsov or a 2nd + a small add for Lehkonen. And other NYR fans should def want him. I don't care that he's a small LW. We need more players who are difference makers in 5v5 possession, and Lehkonen very obviously is that. Plus he has excellent playoff experience.

Yes, we need one more Top 6 forward. AND we need more depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad