Proposal: MTL - NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If he can play RW, he seems like a decent fit for 3rd line RW opposite Lafreniere.

I like Kravtsov, and would welcome him back into the fold, but if he's a goner, NYR will not get a better player one for one.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Do you think the problem might be the NYR? He might be brought in and end up with the same chart as the rest of them.

Anyway, I don't hate the idea of bringing him but I'd probably prefer just giving up a second and mid prospect. If Montreal wants more maybe another team comes into play to trade with them. I'd prefer a bigger trade involving Krav.
Habs have no reason to trade Lekh for what would be a very late 2nd and a meh prospect when he's still under control and has a 2.3M$ QO. None whatsoever

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
To Montreal Canadiens : Vitaly Kravtsov.
To New York Rangers : Artturi Lehkonen.

Do you think that's it's fair for both teams?
I’m not sure Gorton will want him and his crybaby routine will not work in a savage media market like Montreal. I’m not sure I would want a reminder of one of the biggest busts I ever drafted. I would assume if they make a deal it’s a pick for him

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If he can play RW, he seems like a decent fit for 3rd line RW opposite Lafreniere.

I like Kravtsov, and would welcome him back into the fold, but if he's a goner, NYR will not get a better player one for one.

Lehkonen played a ton of right wing before we acquired a ton of right handed winger.

His best year production wise I believe was on his off wing for a good chunk of the year.

Reactions: Paddy17

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Habs have no reason to trade Lekh for what would be a very late 2nd and a meh prospect when he's still under control and has a 2.3M$ QO. None whatsoever
I didn't say they did. Rangers don't really have a reason to offer more than that.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Things are so cap tight next year that we can’t bring Lekonnen on without someone like Lindgren leaving, so no. If that wasn’t the case I believe straight up for Kravtsov is fair

Reactions: vokiel

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Lehkonen played a ton of right wing before we acquired a ton of right handed winger.

His best year production wise I believe was on his off wing for a good chunk of the year.

Then playing him with Panarin and Strome may get him back to his 15+ goal production levels.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Do you think the problem might be the NYR? He might be brought in and end up with the same chart as the rest of them.

Anyway, I don't hate the idea of bringing him but I'd probably prefer just giving up a second and mid prospect. If Montreal wants more maybe another team comes into play to trade with them. I'd prefer a bigger trade involving Krav.

It might be, but Lehkonen has generally been a decent 5v5 player. The Habs 5v5 underlying numbers are also garbage this year and Lehkonen has been orders of magnitude better than the rest of the team.

A 2nd and a mid prospect might do it as well, tbh I'd probably prefer it, but I don't think Kravstov is all that exciting and based on what I've read from New York insiders, it doesn't sound like his value is much more than a 2nd anyways.

Habs don't need to trade him either, so there's likely a floor to a trade they'd accept.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Position and minutes.

No one has ever said, "If I can just get those 14 minutes of ice time settled, we're in business."

2nd pairing D on the other hand..

Also, say two different clubs trade for Lehkonen and Chiarot. If GM-A is wrong about Chiarot, he's totally screwed, while if he's right, he hit a jackpot. GM-B with Lehkonen? He could be wrong and Lehk could totally suck it up, but it won't really sink the club due to positional and usage impact.

Also depends on what they pay for each player.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Even if he is not a top 6 player, Lehkonen is a pretty useful bottom 6 player who can contribute offensively (even though people think he should produce more for the scoring opportunities he gets). Coaches love this kind of players and teams are ready to pay for those kind of assets at trade deadline. I think his real worth is somewhere between an early 2nd and a mid-late 2nd + B prospect. That being said, Lehkonen is a former 2nd rounder who developped well above the average 2nd rounder in the NHL and is still under team control at decant salary. So i don't see Habs trading him except for what would be an overpayment, which screams late 1st imho.

And only a team seeing Lehkonen as the missing piece for their cup run would be ok with paying a 1st for him (like Savard last year).That being said, i don't think Lehkonen would be the primary kind of acquisition for NYR. So i don't think NYR would pay a late 1st for him. Not a good fit. But i could be wrong.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010

When the season is over in Russia bring him back and plug him in the 3rd or 4th line. Dont make another ADA mistake.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
When the season is over in Russia bring him back and plug him in the 3rd or 4th line. Dont make another ADA mistake.
No. Give him legit shot sufficient mins 1st line. If he has legit 9OA talent after sufficient minimal time to get bearings/start develop chemistry, he should be able to cut that.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

I'm in no rush to move him and actually hope that he will be a NYR going forward, but if that is NOT going to happen, getting a useful asset out of this is ideal.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
It might be, but Lehkonen has generally been a decent 5v5 player. The Habs 5v5 underlying numbers are also garbage this year and Lehkonen has been orders of magnitude better than the rest of the team.

A 2nd and a mid prospect might do it as well, tbh I'd probably prefer it, but I don't think Kravstov is all that exciting and based on what I've read from New York insiders, it doesn't sound like his value is much more than a 2nd anyways.

Habs don't need to trade him either, so there's likely a floor to a trade they'd accept.

Lehkonen had the fourth best xGA in the league last I checked. Even on THIS team. He's expensive for a bottom six defensive winger, but he's definitely valuable.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
As a Rangers fan, i would give up one of our 2nds for him all day.

Putting Lehkonen with goodrow is creating a true shutdown 3rd line. Hes basically jesper fast but younger.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So who is he Bumping on RW?
obv, he can take turns relieving Kreider or Panarin while Zib pivots, and if Krav were also able to cut the mustard [this early, I mean, as I expect eventually yes he can] then he can C and Zib is in the rotation. Just to be clear, this does not mean you don't play your top guys. It means one of them gets bumped down to 2nd line, which bumps a guy down to 3rd, etc.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
obv, he can take turns relieving Kreider or Panarin while Zib pivots, and if Krav were also able to cut the mustard [this early, I mean, as I expect eventually yes he can] then he can C and Zib is in the rotation. Just to be clear, this does not mean you don't play your top guys. It means one of them gets bumped down to 2nd line, which bumps a guy down to 3rd, etc.
Than where does Laf fit in? You think Laf will be happy playing on the 4th line. You haven't stop crying about Krav not getting proper ice time and linemates and now you want to do the same to Laf.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
As a Rangers fan, i would give up one of our 2nds for him all day.

Putting Lehkonen with goodrow is creating a true shutdown 3rd line. Hes basically jesper fast but younger.
And Habs arent trading their best defensive forward for a mere 2nd rd pick. 1st rd pick, or something of similar value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad