Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Who care about Team Canada. I have seen a lot of Weber and I am convinced Subban is better than Veber right now. On top, he is 3/4 years younger.

Agreed, Subban is younger and as good as Weber at this time. The tiny cap savings is not worth it.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Yeah. I like Weber a lot, but this trade is a run away steal for NSH. This stinks of internal politics. If I'm a MTL fan I am pissed right off.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Bergevin HAS to be making cap space for something else. There is no other explanation...

I imagine he was clearing space for a Stamkos offer, and everything was good to go before Stamkos' agent broke the news to the suitors.

Nashville asked Montreal, "still want to do it?" and Montreal just did it.
Bigger, more experienced, "safer", reliable, and cheaper All-Star D, locked in long term.

It's a confusing deal, but its not a bad one.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
PK Subban at 27 >>> Weber at 30

Factor in the marketing abilities of Subban + Weber's contract... Makes it an even bigger win for NSH. HUGE fan of Weber but this is just stupid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
Imagine if the Habs didn't bridge Subban - bergy screwed this team.

I love Weber but he won't hAve anywhere near the same talent as a partner beside him, I doubt he will be able to play the grind em out slow games Nashville used to do in a couple years.

I could see Habs missing the playoffs again this year, if that happens Price could walk the year after.

Berg has no plan for this team.

wal11682

May 14, 2010
This is confusing... Subban is 4 years younger, so Nashville gains a few years with just a slightly worse defenseman...

And I bet this is big for markering as well, Nashville has got a big black population so to have a black superstar might be good for business as well.

They traded a potential black superstar defenseman 6 months ago....really doubt this has anything to do with marketing.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Montreal fans are going to crucify Weber. The guy does not take shifts off he takes games off. He will be a whipping boy before the year is up. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Kind of funny how the same people who **** all over Subban's deal for a year suddenly have nothing to say right now... Weber's isn't any better (in fact I think it's considerably worse given the term) but now it's almost as if Subban's deal is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad