Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Guess Subban's teammates didn't like him...I love Weber but he's slowing down...bad trade for the habs

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
I am officially over Bergevin... I will from now on passively follow my favorite team until he and Therrien inevitably get kicked out...

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Just for the record... I think Montreal wins this trade and it isn't really that close for me. Weber is the better defenseman... and still will be for the next 5 years.

And they save over a million in cap hit.

The guy was a top pairing D on team Canada. How is this a bad thing?

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
What a day this is. For me the Carter, Richards trades that day had a bigger impact on me but as far as league wide ramifications go, this day is epic.

PS: I take Weber all day long over PK.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

NHL execs are a bunch of idiots, then. I am truly convinced half of these guys have no idea what they are doing. I mean the guy is signed until age 40 as a physical defenseman in the NHL

Leaf handler

Mar 12, 2016
As a leaf fan I am pretty excited Subban got moved out of the division.

On the other hand what a total **** Bergevin is. Subban commits $10M dollars to the childrens hospital in Montreal because of how much he is dedicated to the city and he goes and trades him for a Weber who is probably on the decline in his career? What an idiot.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
I'm so shocked
I don't know what to do with my hands
The one constant every Preds fan could rely on was that Weber was going to be a Pred for life.

I just don't know how to feel

Welcome to Smashville PK....with your personality you'll be instantly loved.

Bye Shea.....:cry:

Donkeyz

Aug 15, 2008
Montréal
Just for the record... I think Montreal wins this trade and it isn't really that close for me. Weber is the better defenseman... and still will be for the next 5 years.

And they save over a million in cap hit.

The guy was a top pairing D on team Canada. How is this a bad thing?

Agreed!

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
27 years old with a contract that ends at 35 years old
Vs
30 years old with a contract that ends at 40 years old.

I'm done as an Habs fan. This is the nail in the coffin. I have the same feeling than the day Patrick Roy was traded.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
By these crazy trades today I am guessing Canada enjoyed having no teams in the playoffs this year. Canadian hockey takes huge hits today. Bad trades in MTL, EDMONTON, and now no Stammer in TOR

and Quebec City not getting a franchise. Sad time being a Canadian hockey fan.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
The Hall trade made me cry laughing. But this trade, this special trade, absolutely made my day. Love to see the Habs shoot themselves in the foot. Awful deal for them, so glad.

Sums up my life.

So much easier to like Subban now.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Awesome! Jet fans get to see Subban at least 4 times now instead of once.

Edit: What? OK I withdraw the post.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I know I'm in the minority here...but I don't mind this deal at all.

I've watched Subban play since he arrived in MTL and although he is skilled like no other...he's not the smartest player around. Loads of selfishness is also what you get.

Although Weber's game may be declining slightly...nobody can forecast what's coming. Lidstrom played great till he retired, Markov played awesome until a year ago. Weber still has good years ahead of him...and Montreal even save on cap hit (I don't pay his salary...so what do I care).

Subban had issues in the dressing room since day 1...Weber will bring much needed leadership to this group.

Off you go Subby...all the best.

I have the same stance actually, although I'm a huge Subban fan I think he had his worst season last year.

I don't necessarily think the Habs lost this trade, unless Subban reaches 65+ points and 15+ goals. Last season Subban was one of the reasons Habs had a poor PP, so predictable and couldn't hit the net, and he also made terrible turnovers and took stupid and selfish penalties at the worst times. Still, a very very talented skater and puck mover. If Subban plays up to his potential Habs lose this trade.

DSJW

Jun 29, 2016
Wonder how Weber will play without a Josi or High end dman ,any idea on who his partner will be in Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad