Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nashville has gone from a pretty boring team a few years ago to one of the fun ones to watch. They have some great pieces now.
Going to be a fun year for the fans!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I gotta be honest, this is a trade I NEVER would have put together. Wow....I am actually stunned...just...wow...

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Sums up my life.

So much easier to like Subban now.

For sure. Always wanted to like Subban but couldn't because of the Habs. Seems like a great guy, he'll be incredible in Nashville.

As for Weber in Montreal, uhhh, enjoy that contract and decline in play...

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Subban is a *****cat?

Edit: Sorry I didn't think my comment would offend. It's a legit group, Josi and the Ps.

MaritimeHockeyNut

Rehabilitated Troll
Nov 26, 2010
Maritimes
Out with the drama and in with solidifying your defence. I for one thing this will make Montreal stronger albeit it should of been Weber+. And that's from a bruins fan. Now I have to get some mouthwash. Lol

shootscores

Jul 11, 2010
I cannot beleive anybody is against this trade . Montreal wins in a big way. Probably the best defenseman in the league. By far, my favorite dman. Don't lose anything but attitude in this deal and I think the locker room just improved 100% over night. Our first overall draft pick this year will eventually be Weber's partner once Markov retires. All is looking good in Hab land.

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
So I dunno how much of what I'm about to type is hyperbole but...

If I was a MTL fan this would cause me to find another team. Subban has been disrespected more than any other player in the history of the NHL. Dude just donated $10M to a ****ing children's hospital and this is how they repay him.

Unbelievable. I wouldn't blame him for a second if he took back his donation.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I have the same stance actually, although I'm a huge Subban fan I think he had his worst season last year.

I don't necessarily think the Habs lost this trade, unless Subban reaches 65+ points and 15+ goals. Last season Subban was one of the reasons Habs had a poor PP, so predictable and couldn't hit the net, and he also made terrible turnovers and took stupid and selfish penalties at the worst times. Still, a very very talented skater and puck mover. If Subban plays up to his potential Habs lose this trade.

You do realize Weber has one of the worst contracts in the league?

EVEN if he got closer to the level he once was in the next 5 or so years and was a great player for you, he's still going to cost you 7.9M annually till he is 41. Those last 5-6 years are going to be absolutely brutal for the whole organisation.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
27 years old with a contract that ends at 35 years old
Vs
30 years old with a contract that ends at 40 years old.

I'm done as an Habs fan. This is the nail in the coffin. I have the same feeling than the day Patrick Roy was traded.

Yet you're still here bleeding red, white and blue. ;)

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
I imagine he was clearing space for a Stamkos offer, and everything was good to go before Stamkos' agent broke the news to the suitors.

Nashville asked Montreal, "still want to do it?" and Montreal just did it.
Bigger, more experienced, "safer", reliable, and cheaper All-Star D, locked in long term.

It's a confusing deal, but its not a bad one.

I dont think its all that bad either, but I woudnt dare go against the HF grain. All the experts here will be up in arms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad