Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KBstyle

Aug 3, 2005
Who cares about the contract, cap hit is lower and when Ever is finish you trade him to Arizona!

I like Duncan but I'm fine with Weber if he lift the cup in the next 3 years!

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Wow I never thought the Hall trade would be the 2nd biggest of the day. How long til Patches loses the C?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I think Weber is a better player....and his contract / age isnt really a turn-off for me.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
RIP Brendan Gallagher. Would not want to have to stand in front of the net with Weber taking clappers from the blue line

DSJW

Jun 29, 2016
I don't know that there's anything more Bergevin/Therrien could do to further alienate their own fans.

Right now I think the only thing that could make them more hated is kicking a puppy at center ice on opening night

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007

NHL execs are a bunch of idiots, then. I am truly convinced half of these guys have no idea what they are doing. I mean the guy is signed until age 40 as a physical defenseman in the NHL

Benning and Chiarelli love it!

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
This is reminiscent of the Halak deal. A trade that angers the fans (me included) because we trade away the most spectacular player, one that was beloved. But on the hockey level only, I can see how it makes sense. It's a giant gamble for sure, and we'll have to wait a few years to really evaluate this.

Montreal fans are reacting with a broken heart and that's understandable. But emotions aside, I'm willing to wait and see.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yep - just wait until Josi isn't there to hide Weber's shortcomings.

Can't wait!

You can say the same thing about Josi, now Weber won't be there to hide his shortcomings. It's very obvious which people on here don't watch Nashville, or had the unfortune of watching the last game in the SJ series.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
I cannot beleive anybody is against this trade . Montreal wins in a big way. Probably the best defenseman in the league. By far, my favorite dman. Don't lose anything but attitude in this deal and I think the locker room just improved 100% over night. Our first overall draft pick this year will eventually be Weber's partner once Markov retires. All is looking good in Hab land.

I don't know if Weber is the best dman in the league but he's still one of the best and the overreaction is absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad