Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Subban on Bergevin:

qpiDGaM.jpg

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Lol. This thread is hilarious. This reminds me of when TOR drafted Kadri and all the experts cried like be-atchs. Weber is awesome. I finally relaxed a little now that Chara is slowing down and Lucic is out west and MON gets another Leaf nightmare. I'm not liking this trade at all. Weber is a nasty, throw back, tough sonofa. One of my favourites. Well he was anyway.

I seriously feel terrible for TORONTO NATIVE Subban. His donations mean a lot and for the organization to cast him aside is tough. I guess it is business.

Let's be real, Webber's goin to retire by the time Toronto is competitive ;)

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Calm down everyone. Weber is a better defenseman right now, allows Montreal to have more cap space and coincidentally, Montreal's window is in the next 3 years. This is a good move for Montreal. Maybe value is a bit off but come on this is two superstars. This is nothing close to a ''fleece''

LOL tell me that when you have superstar 39 year old Shea Weber 'flying' down the blue line with his cap hit.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I feel sorry for Subban. Spend $10M in a children's hospital in Montreal only to be traded days before your NMC is kicking in. Obviously charity is charity and I don't think he regrets doing something good, but still, he was probably planning on spending the rest of his career in Montreal and really becoming a part of that city. Oh well, good deal for Nashville. -Jones -Weber +Johansen +Subban, not bad.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
I actually really like this deal for Montreal for the first three to four years. Weber is an awesome two way guy and is solid in the dressing room. I think he will be even more of a force in the east. Also there has to be some truth that Subban was causing tension in the locker room and weber seems to be an awesome leader so they win there.

Where I absolutely think Montreal gets robbed is in the years five+ of this weber deal. His contract will become a huge burden on their cap most likely while Subban should still be playing at a very high level. Hopefully Weber ages well but overall I think Montreal loses this deal just not as bad as some people are saying.

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
The Montreal reporter said Bergevin never forgave Subban for the arbitration of 2014.

Lol fire Bergevinif that's true. Well fire him anyway, a bunch of grinders no #1 C, and a d who may be #1 for a couple years and than be a 2nd pairing guy/PP guy.

Should have never bridged him, that team never had faith in PK.

Wish the leafs went after him after losing Stamkos.

Feel bad for Weber, still good but he is in the hornet nest with the fans - could try to get out after a year or two.

canadiansbronco

Jun 10, 2011
No, he hasn't. He's just over 30 and played on a team nobody watches. The one game most people watched he utterly crapped the bed. Montreal is getting a 25+ minute a night 20+ goal 50+ point defenseman who stands up for teammates and is above average defensively.

Soooo PK ?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Because you don't watch him play and only look at his Corsi charts?

So watching him play would make Weber better at defense?

Here's the brass tax. Subban's teams get a much larger proportion of the goals while he is on the ice. More than Weber. By driving goal differential, you help win games.

I watch hockey. People who watch hockey get it wrong all the time. It happens all the time. Clarkson? Bolland? Leino? Girardi? Evidently "hockey guys" who watch the games evaluated these guys. They got it wrong. The "corsi charts" would have told you they were going to get it wrong.

Bergevin got it wrong.

Shea Weber used to be elite. He's not anymore. And he's already declining.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Coming in peace, Shea Weber is the absolute ****ing man. He should be a player anyone of us players, who played defense especially, would want to look up to. He throws the boom, he snipes, he's a cornerstone defenseman, and one who will protect the house.

Subban, while one of the best defenseman I've ever seen come into the game in recent years, is very offensive-minded, and has been getting burned on more and more selfish plays as the years have progressed.

There is something about PK where he is indirectly shouting, "It's all about me!" - but he seems like a very kind individual.

Subban is very outgoing and charistmatic and emotional and an awesome d-man.

Shea Weber is old and that gigantic contract will cripple the habs for many years.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Crazy. But it's always exciting to see star players suddenly playing for a different team. Can't wait for Subban in Nashville, or Weber in Montreal, wow, what a change. I didn't really see this coming. I don't know what's more shocking. Trading Subban or trading Weber?

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
Ridiculous trade made by a ridiculous GM to please a ridiculous coach.
**** bergevin. Those 2 are so old school, they only want prim and proper quiet hard workers, and are terrified of change, or anything new. DAMNIT, all I wanted was for MT to leave before Subban had to leave.
Also had a big crush on PK ~ buuut objectively it still looks like a bad trade.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I absolutely cannot understand why MTL would do such a thing. Subban is an incredible player and such a valuable member of the community. No disrespect to Weber, but what the actual ****?

This should really a rider that is implied with every post in this thread. Habs are getting a GREAT player. A brick ****house of a defender that I would give a limb to see play for the Pens. The dude has been like a god for Team Canada.

Its just the shock runs so deep that people are acting like Montreal are idiots or got hosed (which they did not, completely). Because they hitched their wagon to Subban and Price seemingly for the next ten years and now its gone. Big guy on and off the ice.

Its also the fact that its a one-for-one deal. People felt in any Subban trade the Habs would try for multiple pieces coming back (a la any trade with the Oilers) and yet this move represents a big sacrifice by MTL, but doesnt make them a significatly better or more balanced team, imo.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The Montreal reporter said Bergevin never forgave Subban for the arbitration of 2014.

What was there to forgive? Bergevin insisted on a bridge deal two years earlier and then tried to play hard ball again. If this is true, then Bergevin is a petty, arrogant man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad