Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

moon*

Weber is the better player and not the a-hole that Subban is but it seems like they could have used Subban to inject some youth into the line-up or get the #1 c that they really need.

Not bad from a value aspect as Weber is better but I think the fit is odd unless they are foolish enough to think that with Price back everything is fixed.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Well i think as a Hab fan i feel bad on this trade but than again i sit back and realize i could be an Oiler fan watching my management give up Hall straight up for Larsson.
At least the Habs got back a proven commodity. A top 10 D-man for a top 10 Dman.
The Oilers traded Top 5 winger for a D-man with the ceiling of becoming a #2.

Meh, wingers are the least important position. I'm fine with the trade, personally. I think Klefbom-Larsson will finally give us a top pairing we've needed for 10 years. So yeah, it's not the best value for Hall, but how many GMs are looking to trade a young Dman with big potential and a right-handed shot for a winger of any type? It's easy to say but how often such a trade happens: None of them, and it almost never happens. So yeah, I can live with the trade for Larsson. Now what would've REALLY sucked would've been to trade Hall for an older winger, who's paid a LOT of money until he's 40, and already slowing down a LOT. Ouch.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I honestly honestly think people's perceptions of players is based on the highlight videos.
It's incredibly hilarous how people say "Go actually watch them play!", yet base their entire argument on a play or two. I have no idea how people think Weber is even in the same tier as Subban/Keith/Doughty/Karlsson/Hedman/OEL.

S.Weber's going to get so exposed, even harder than Phaneuf did in Toronto.

Subban's going to play the same next year and people are going to say "He changed when he came to Nashville, he actually cares about defense now!"

This is one of the worst deals I've ever seen.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Weber is the better player and not the a-hole that Subban is but it seems like they could have used Subban to inject some youth into the line-up or get the #1 c that they really need.

Not bad from a value aspect as Weber is better but I think the fit is odd unless they are foolish enough to think that with Price back everything is fixed.

I don't think you'll find many people who think Weber is currently better than Subban

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
well done Nashville. Still think they shouldve pursued Malkin with that Weber-bait, but Poille did good here. Montreal....I should be sad for you, but Im not :P

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
Coming in peace, Shea Weber is the absolute ****ing man. He should be a player anyone of us players, who played defense especially, would want to look up to. He throws the boom, he snipes, he's a cornerstone defenseman, and one who will protect the house.

Subban, while one of the best defenseman I've ever seen come into the game in recent years, is very offensive-minded, and has been getting burned on more and more selfish plays as the years have progressed.

There is something about PK where he is indirectly shouting, "It's all about me!" - but he seems like a very kind individual.

Exactly what im thinking. We got imo the best dmen in the league. I freakin love Shea Weber! Everybody panic because hes older. Yes, and hes better. He hit more, block more, have accuracy when he shoots, seriously, Bergevin want the cup now and not in 5 years!!

Look Up

Let me tell you about my Celica again
Oct 3, 2013
Lmao - Pierre McGuire saying Weber has too much mileage on him and there is not much left. #suckuptosubban

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
works out better for the habs the next couple years. Then 7 years of wasted cap. They better win a cup

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The Montreal reporter said Bergevin never forgave Subban for the arbitration of 2014.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Meh, wingers are the least important position. I'm fine with the trade, personally. I think Klefbom-Larsson will finally give us a top pairing we've needed for 10 years. So yeah, it's not the best value for Hall, but how many GMs are looking to trade a young Dman with big potential and a right-handed shot for a winger of any type? It's easy to say but how often such a trade happens: None of them, and it almost never happens. So yeah, I can live with the trade for Larsson. Now what would've REALLY sucked would've been to trade Hall for an older winger, who's paid a LOT of money until he's 40, and already slowing down a LOT. Ouch.

No you trade a top 5 winger for what will amount to a # 2 D-man.
Not 6 hr ago you would have never traded Hall for anything but a true # 1 but now that the Oilers got takin you're somehow fine with it. Never change Oiler fans.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Lol. This thread is hilarious. This reminds me of when TOR drafted Kadri and all the experts cried like be-atchs. Weber is awesome. I finally relaxed a little now that Chara is slowing down and Lucic is out west and MON gets another Leaf nightmare. I'm not liking this trade at all. Weber is a nasty, throw back, tough sonofa. One of my favourites. Well he was anyway.

I seriously feel terrible for TORONTO NATIVE Subban. His donations mean a lot and for the organization to cast him aside is tough. I guess it is business.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm not a Predators fan but David Poile is an amazing GM

Trades Weber + Jones + Erat for Johansen + Subban + Forsberg

Signs Forsberg to an excellent contract and their core with Josi (insanely underpaid) in already one of the best in the league.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
On paper makes sense, MTL wants to get bigger and stronger, and NSH is trying to be fast and skilled
If I was building around Forsberg, Subban fer sher
If I was building around, oh, wait, nevermind

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Worse LOL Short term there much better. PK was a clown in his own end last year and couldn't do ditallt squat on the PP. Gotta love HF boards. PK is average defensively and gives the puck up way too much in the defensive zone. That being said he was never used properly in Montreal he is an offensive defensive hopefully Nashville uses him that way.

What? PK was excellent in his own end last year. PK is much better defensively than Weber. Weber got heavily outshot when he was on vs when he wasn't. There is literally no other true #1D that this happens too.

As long as Weber puts up points and has a big shot, he's going to be labelled as a defensive defenseman for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad