Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Coming in peace, Shea Weber is the absolute ****ing man. He should be a player anyone of us players, who played defense especially, would want to look up to. He throws the boom, he snipes, he's a cornerstone defenseman, and one who will protect the house.

Subban, while one of the best defenseman I've ever seen come into the game in recent years, is very offensive-minded, and has been getting burned on more and more selfish plays as the years have progressed.

There is something about PK where he is indirectly shouting, "It's all about me!" - but he seems like a very kind individual.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I'd still vote Webber.

But if the poll was: Which team would you build your team around currently? Subban 10/10 times.

in 3-4 years, Montreals going to have a 7.5 million black hole.
Except Subban's personality takes the whole dressing room and is incredibly selfish on the ice. That doesn't always fly/gel with other players. I feel like Subban would work really well on a younger/more immature team like the Oilers but doesn't work with every team.

Dynamic guy to watch but I'm very happy we got Weber today.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Personally I like Weber more than Subban, but I love Subban as well.

I know Subban will be my #1 dman choice in next year's hockey pool since he's going to be playing with Josi now.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
people need to understand subban > weber right now
And in the playoffs Subban >>> weber

Never denied that, but this trade brings it closer to a "now or never" situation. At the very least, for Habs fans' sake, that cap room saved should be used to acquire actual offensive talent.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Biggest moment in Predators history. They just got the new face of their franchise.

Aug 3, 2010
The other thread's too crazy so I couldn't really get an answer, but I'm seriously wondering why Weber wasn't traded for Hall. With all the defencemen moving around today, Nashville and Weber never seemed like they were playing with the market at all.

ForSpareParts*

Also some people on HF threatened to leave if Subban was graded.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I wonder if Habs fans still would've wanted such a huge overpay from the Oilers for Subban after this deal. Their asking price on this site was literally insane. Wonder if they feel a bit softer on their demands, if things could've been different. Maybe just Eberle, Draistaitl and Klefbom enough to get it done, now? Anyway, doesn't matter, and too late.

Well i think as a Hab fan i feel bad on this trade but than again i sit back and realize i could be an Oiler fan watching my management give up Hall straight up for Larsson.
At least the Habs got back a proven commodity. A top 10 D-man for a top 10 Dman.
The Oilers traded Top 5 winger for a D-man with the ceiling of becoming a #2.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
They're about even right now. One bad Game 7 vs San Jose doesn't change Weber's performance during the season as a whole.

Long term, well, I'd agree Subban will be much better than Weber as he declines due to age.

Subban was considerably better all season long and the past 2 years though.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
The other thread's too crazy so I couldn't really get an answer, but I'm seriously wondering why Weber wasn't traded for Hall. With all the defencemen moving around today, Nashville and Weber never seemed like they were playing with the market at all.

Because Edmonton doesn't have a defenseman to replace Weber.

Habitantpeasoup

Jul 5, 2004
Za Great White North
They just got worse considerably though..

Worse LOL Short term there much better. PK was a clown in his own end last year and couldn't do ditallt squat on the PP. Gotta love HF boards. PK is average defensively and gives the puck up way too much in the defensive zone. That being said he was never used properly in Montreal he is an offensive defensive hopefully Nashville uses him that way.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
A wash. Trading one franchise defenseman for another hardly improves either team that much. Nashville gets a slight advantage because Subban is younger. This is just two GM's just making a big trade just to make a big trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad