Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
No, he hasn't. He's just over 30 and played on a team nobody watches. The one game most people watched he utterly crapped the bed. Montreal is getting a 25+ minute a night 20+ goal 50+ point defenseman who stands up for teammates and is above average defensively.

The whole team crapped the bed for the one game that everyone actually watched.
Weber is not declining, it's just that Josi is emerging. MTL got the better player.
We're ****ed with recapture penalties if and when Weber hangs up the skates.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
very good trade for Montreal

Weber is serious, a leader, doesn't make ******** mistakes, isn't a "look at me" type player, cheaper contract

montreal believed their sell that subban is god so hard that now they're ********

now it's time for mtl fans to put down their kool aid and realize how much they overrated Subban

Weber > Subban

Montreal just fixed their dressing room

Nashville might like this trade short term, but long term they'll end up regretting it
Weber isn't better than suban or even equal too.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If they were in win now mode they would have kept Subban.

Shea Weber isn't elite anymore and isn't what people think he is. He's essentially a a pure offensive/PP defenseman at this point.

If Shea Weber were so good defensively, why does his team give up more shots than Subban? Their goals against are near equal, but Subban moves the needle even more for his team with his offensive ability and the overal goals for % is superior while Subban is on the ice.

Factor in age and contracts and this deal is just indefensible for Montreal.

Because you don't watch him play and only look at his Corsi charts?

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
27 years old with a contract that ends at 35 years old
Vs
30 years old with a contract that ends at 40 years old.

I'm done as an Habs fan. This is the nail in the coffin. I have the same feeling than the day Patrick Roy was traded.

This might be fairly even for the next couple years or so, maybe a slight win for Montreal if the reported dressing room issues were that big a deal, but after that Nashville is a clear clear winner. Subban is still entering his prime. Weber's contract was always going to be horrendous for the last 3-4 years of the deal.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
even when we look at it toff-ice
Subban did/is doing so much in the community in Montreal
I feel so bad for subban

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Weber is not declining, it's just that Josi is emerging. MTL got the better player.

Habs got the better player. Ainec

Scrobble

Jul 11, 2013
I'm also in the minority that its a good deal for Montreal. Subban is overrated and clearly has a poor attitude. Weber is amazing still. He plays the type of game that will be good into his late 30's IMO.

Can you give us some examples of his poor attitude?

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
What happened to Shea Weber? Is he not still the beast he's been for the past few years? Not looking forward to seeing him and his shot against the Leafs for the rest of his contract

He's still a beast but he doesn't do spin-o-ramas. And you cannot teach a 30 year old guy spin-o-ramas.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
People are severely underrating Shea Weber, who is still a top-10 defenseman in the league. The age and cap situation do make this trade a little one-sided, but as far as one for one, this is about as close as you can get. Would Montréal rather have traded Subban for a fellow franchise defenseman, or for a collection extraneous roster players, sub-blue chip prospects, and picks?

No Habs fans would rather have kept him.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

Not Neal- but I hear ya.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
habs need d. Webber is better. subban has the offense. its a good trade for both

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
:laugh::laugh:

I remember the guarantee's by some hab fans on what Subban would get if he was ever traded.

They thought he would get
2 1st's
blue chip prospect
top 6 forward

Now they have Weber who has 10 years left compared to Subban with 6.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Montreal rids themselves of Subban. This seems like the thrust of the thing. How big a personality is this guy? It has to be about off ice stuff. Shocking!

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Right now:
Subban >>>> Weber
Future:
Subban >>>>>>>> Weber

They're about even right now. One bad Game 7 vs San Jose doesn't change Weber's performance during the season as a whole.

Long term, well, I'd agree Subban will be much better than Weber as he declines due to age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad