Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Gotta love how bi-polar HF boards is. I am sure that if I searched in the polls section on Norris polls or Subban vs Weber polls, Weber would win everytime.

Now, everyone is up in arms declaring that Nashville robbed the Habs.

This place is so damn ridiculous...

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
very good trade for Montreal

Weber is serious, a leader, doesn't make ******** mistakes, isn't a "look at me" type player, cheaper contract

montreal believed their sell that subban is god so hard that now they're ********

now it's time for mtl fans to put down their kool aid and realize how much they overrated Subban

Weber > Subban

Montreal just fixed their dressing room

Nashville might like this trade short term, but long term they'll end up regretting it

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
27 years old with a contract that ends at 35 years old
Vs
30 years old with a contract that ends at 40 years old.

I'm done as an Habs fan. This is the nail in the coffin. I have the same feeling than the day Patrick Roy was traded.

Actually Weber will be turning 31 this summer and is signed til 2026. Good luck with that. I feelt he pain of MTL fans here. Boneheaded move by a GM who looks like a fool.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
What happened to Shea Weber? Is he not still the beast he's been for the past few years? Not looking forward to seeing him and his shot against the Leafs for the rest of his contract

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Montreal...

3f119be8-840b-48ec-a9f3-4904110f4663

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Man, at the start of this season Montreal was #1 in the league and were off to one of the greatest starts in franchise history. They looked like legit contenders for the SC this year. Then the Price injury happened, and the rest is history...

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I wonder if Habs fans still would've wanted such a huge overpay from the Oilers for Subban after this deal. Their asking price on this site was literally insane. Wonder if they feel a bit softer on their demands, if things could've been different. Maybe just Eberle, Draistaitl and Klefbom enough to get it done, now? Anyway, doesn't matter, and too late.

Edmonton should go back at Montreal now to see what they might take for Weber. This feels like a capitulation even if the Habs braintrust doesnt feel that way.

Young star + young D prospect + pick for Weber might rescue the situation for Bergevin and still give the Oilers a big win.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
very good trade for Montreal

Weber is serious, a leader, doesn't make ******** mistakes, isn't a "look at me" type player, cheaper contract

montreal believed their sell that subban is god so hard that now they're ********

now it's time for mtl fans to put down their kool aid and realize how much they overrated Subban

Weber > Subban

Montreal just fixed their dressing room

Nashville might like this trade short term, but long term they'll end up regretting it

So much bull in this post.

S A W F T*

Vs

I'm done as an Habs fan. This is the nail in the coffin. I have the same feeling than the day Patrick Roy was traded.

Oh, please.

You'll be back. They ALWAYS come back.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Vs

Not to mention the Habs just traded the flat out better player. :laugh:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Gotta love how bi-polar HF boards is. I am sure that if I searched in the polls section on Norris polls or Subban vs Weber polls, Weber would win everytime.

Now, everyone is up in arms declaring that Nashville robbed the Habs.

This place is so damn ridiculous...

I'd still vote Webber.

But if the poll was: Which team would you build your team around currently? Subban 10/10 times.

in 3-4 years, Montreals going to have a 7.5 million black hole.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Montreal gets better of deal for 2-3 years, Nashville after that.

You would think Montreal thinks it is in win now mode..?

Maybe they are. Weber gives them a much more legitimate presence and leader in front of Price. They need a few more forwards and will be in the playoffs for certain. Not sure with Subban they would.

I like this for the Habs believe it or not, changes face of their franchise, and makeup of team.

Weber is only 4 years older than Subban and is better, what is so horrible about this trade for Montreal? Has Weber fallen off that much?
Subban is easily the better of the two, it's not even debatable. Montreal just got worse considerably. Weber's defensive game has fallen off so hard, he used to be elite 3 years ago. Weber is exactly what people think Subban are (an overrated offensive defenseman).
Calm down everyone. Weber is a better defenseman right now, allows Montreal to have more cap space and coincidentally, Montreal's window is in the next 3 years. This is a good move for Montreal. Maybe value is a bit off but come on this is two superstars. This is nothing close to a ''fleece''

You're going to see Weber get exposed so hard next year. He doesn't have anyone close to Josi, Ellis, Ekholm to carry the D (Petry's the closest, but not as good as thsoe 3).

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Montreal gets better of deal for 2-3 years, Nashville after that.

You would think Montreal thinks it is in win now mode..?

Maybe they are. Weber gives them a much more legitimate presence and leader in front of Price. They need a few more forwards and will be in the playoffs for certain. Not sure with Subban they would.

I like this for the Habs believe it or not, changes face of their franchise, and makeup of team.

If they were in win now mode they would have kept Subban.

Shea Weber isn't elite anymore and isn't what people think he is. He's essentially a a pure offensive/PP defenseman at this point.

If Shea Weber were so good defensively, why does his team give up more shots than Subban? Their goals against are near equal, but Subban moves the needle even more for his team with his offensive ability and the overal goals for % is superior while Subban is on the ice.

Factor in age and contracts and this deal is just indefensible for Montreal.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I'm also in the minority that its a good deal for Montreal. Subban is overrated and clearly has a poor attitude. Weber is amazing still. He plays the type of game that will be good into his late 30's IMO.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
People are severely underrating Shea Weber, who is still a top-10 defenseman in the league. The age and cap situation do make this trade a little one-sided, but as far as one for one, this is about as close as you can get. Would Montréal rather have traded Subban for a fellow franchise defenseman, or for a collection extraneous roster players, sub-blue chip prospects, and picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad