Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
but the cap penalty will be one year?

No if he retires before 40 the number of years between his age and the end of the contract will be used to calculate the hit. For example he retires at 35. % years remaining on the contract. The Preds accrued cap advantage of 24.2 will be divided by 5 and added to the yearly cap the team has until the contract expires.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I'm still trying to accept this really went down.
The Weber hate on here is unreal. Most of MTL will have a #6 jersey by November.

Price/Weber will be something......

This has nothing to do with fans/poster hating Weber.It has all to do with fans/poster hating the Habs. Weber is just the player in the way of the sludge being thrown towards the Habs. It's quite normal on this board.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Yet somehow the better player didn't make Team Canada and the crappy one is first pairing.

Amazing how opinions on players change depending on their jersey.

1) I didn't say Weber was crappy
2) I didn't make the selections for Team Canada
3) I've always liked Subban

My opinions on these players changed this afternoon? I see. Could you please show me the relevant post I made before this trade happened... or are you just pulling this **** out of your ass?

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
This is absolutely a fleece. It's very debatable whether Weber is better even now, let alone in a year or two. He's coming off an weak season that saw Josi practically carry him. In 2-3 years? It won't even be close who's better. .

Josi carried Weber? Really?

That must be one big typo. If not, I can say I've heard it all.

:laugh:

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I'm still trying to understand why Nashville and Montreal made this trade.

Weber for Subban who would have thought.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's funny, in a way, that Weber's worst game ever as a Pred was also his last. Every bit of logic says that that had absolutely nothing to do with it, but, yet, I can't entirely stop wondering.

now it's time for mtl fans to put down their kool aid and realize how much they overrated Subban

It's ironic that a Kings fan who, just last week, listed Muzzin in his top 10 and said that he'd take him over Subban is lecturing Canadiens fans on overrating Subban.

We're ****ed with recapture penalties if and when Weber hangs up the skates.

Just in case there's any confusion, recapture penalties were going to happen regardless. They'll just be worse (about twice as harsh) now.

Last edited:

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
1) I didn't say Weber was crappy
2) I didn't make the selections for Team Canada
3) I've always liked Subban

My opinions on these players changed this afternoon? I see. Could you please show me the relevant post I made before this trade happened... or are you just pulling this **** out of your ass?

The second part was More of a general feeling from the thread. I shouldn't have quoted you on that.

The team canada part is legit though. Some excellent hockey people disagree with you.

I like PK and wish him well, but for now, the habs have the better player. Over time, PK should be better.

JackC

Jun 9, 2016
Toronto
As a leafs fan... would habs fans have preferred a reilly for subban straight up, not necessarily looking for equal value just wondering if that would have been prefferred

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Josi carried Weber? Really?

That must be one big typo. If not, I can say I've heard it all.

:laugh:

Guess what the only people who can not see this is the people that have not watched the Preds over the last three years. Josi actually out pointed Weber the last two years topped him in goals last season and is the puck mover for the pair. Now im not saying Weber is chopped liver only that Josi is that good.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Weber is much better than Subban is at this point in time. He's not as flashy so obviously a lot of HF posters will conclude he's not as good but that's life on HF where style >>> substance.

Montréal is going to be much better in the short term.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
It's divided over the number of years left.

If he retires one year before the contract ends, it's 24m for one year.
If he retires two years before the contract ends, it's 12m for two years.
If he retires three years before the contract ends, it's 8M for three years.
etc.

holy ****. thats rough, and even worst for the habs because he will clearly not want to **** up nashville and will finish his contract.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Guess what the only people who can not see this is the people that have not watched the Preds over the last three years. Josi actually out pointed Weber the last two years topped him in goals last season and is the puck mover for the pair. Now im not saying Weber is chopped liver only that Josi is that good.

Agreed. I think Josi over took Weber as the best Dman on our team during the 2014-2015 season and was consistently better in 2015-2016. Both top 15 Dmen, but Josi is top 5-10 and Weber is top 10-15.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yo, I'll be real, bro.

I hated MTL but they aint gonna be the same without Subban and I genuinly feel sorry for them.

IMO Subban was a bit overrated and he's gonna look much better with the defensive Predators which will make this look worse for MTL but why.... Subban is currently better than Weber. Wtf.

Mar 14, 2015
I love this haha. Webers contract is so bad.. that term, like wtf. But hopefully both teams benefit from this, Happy for Nashville. Montreal? Again, short term ok... future wtf.

Drozko

May 24, 2016
I guess PK had too much charisma to play for Montreal !!

Man I thought us oiler fans got the short end of the stick.today. We lost Hall for an unproven dman you lost one hell of a dman and a community leader. That Weber contract is f***ing bad. Sorry guys from one fan of an inept franchise to another.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

When I watched the Preds games, most of the time it was Josi who carried the puck to the other team zone. Weber simply gave Josi the puck and watched him go.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005

Josi is amazing and will be for years to come. I am not suggesting Weber had a better season.

My point is Josi did not carry Weber. And yes, I have watched a lot of Preds games.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Subban.png

Lovely...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/p-k-subban-trade-may-worst-canadiens-history/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad