Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
That basically confirms what I said.

Why does he have to block so many shots? Hmmm...may be because he spends more time in his own end and allows more shots.

Man i though you were blaming the rest of the line for allowing the other team for having possession of the puck.Glad you made it so clear it's all on Weber's shoulders.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Franchise Hockey Manager is making huge leaps. From version 1 or version 2.. it's a lot better. And I'm sure version 3 will be much better.

Eastside is a good game, but the patches are so minuscule that I don't really think it'll be viable if FHM continues to be supported.

Awesome if you enjoy FHM but I sure didn't. With the rebirth of EHM, plus the user support and utilities, make it the far better sim in my opinion. At the end of the day though, as long as you're having fun it's all gravy.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
CmJyiz9VAAEspiy.jpg:small

:O

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The Predators are stacked, especially if Rinne plays like he did in the playoffs and not regular season.

Therefore I hope cap recapture comes and bites them in the ass.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Man i though you were blaming the rest of the line for allowing the other team for having possession of the puck.Glad you made it so clear it's all on Weber's shoulders.

It's not. And I'm not saying Weber is a bad defenseman either.

But he's not as good as Subban. If you go through WOWYs, his teammates give up more shots with him on the ice. Weber is having an effect there.

These are basic arguments the "analytics crowd" have long ago already looked into.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's great to see these risky 90s style trades happen all of a sudden but it feels odd that Bergevin and Therrien were always somehow at odds with their superstar defenseman. I feel like. Taylor Hall for PK Subban would have made more sense.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
While I think trade is a win-win I like it alot for Montreal.

Price is enterting the last of his peak seasons, u gotta win with him now, this is an upgrade and they also added Shaw, now they have the best Defenseman and the best Goaltender in the league, they are a much better team right when they need to be.

Need to add some more but this move and adding Shaw is a great start, the East is always wide open, a few more pieces and they are setting themselves up for a potential run.

Its nice to always have young players but u cant be building forever, you gotta peak and go for it, and now is the time for Montreal with Price at his best.

Good for Nashville aswell, they have a young core to build around with Forsberg, Subban, Johansen as the big 3, but I do like this alot from a MTL perspective.

PSGJ

May 19, 2012
Sweden
I can't really see how Montreal supposedly have a window now and for the next few years, as some claim. The way I saw it they could open a window if they could improve at forward at the same as Subban and Price were great. Now they are in more of a hurry to improve at forward while Weber is still good.

Subban must have really rubbed Bergevin the wrong way.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
It's not. And I'm not saying Weber is a bad defenseman either.

But he's not as good as Subban. If you go through WOWYs, his teammates give up more shots with him on the ice. Weber is having an effect there.

These are basic arguments the "analytics crowd" have long ago already looked into.

Oh i with you on Subban being better than Weber.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Its gonna be really funny in December when all these Habs fans pretend like they've supported Weber this entire time when they inevitably fall in love with him

Do you want to win a cup or do you just want to watch one of the most exciting D-men in the league?

Yup, he had one of the best months of career statistically in Decemeber, when he led the entire league in points. They'll love him if they can ever calm down and just watch him, not his fault he was traded for Subban.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Doesn't make sense, but nsh get hit with the cap recapture if he retires prior to the end of the contract. So there is that silver lining I guess...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Good news about this deal? Finally this main board will finally acknowledge PK for the quality player that he is. Joke is on you now. You will have to finally admit how great he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad