Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Huge win for the Habs that is a pretty loaded forward group. Deals only 2 years and I think he’ll play close to his cap hit.

Goalie and D isn’t great but neither is Torontos. Probably a wildcard team now.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Not at all. I like Laine and would like to see him succeed.

Montreal doesn't look like it fits to me having watched him quite a while. You think he does. Time will tell. If/when it doesn't work out, the next thing to watch will be how long it takes he and his family to receive death threats from Montreal fans.
you are upset

with troll takes

see ya
:towel:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Halak was a number 1 goalie for a while.

Ryder was had some 30 goal seasons.

I believe that 2nd ended up being Subban.

The only person who couldn't get value out of this would have been Bergevin.
The 3rd round pick that the Habs used to select Harris, was begotten via the Halak trade tree.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Seems like a bad move on Laine POV. Mental health issues and goes to biggest markets in canada.. yikes
Would have agreed to that like 40 minutes ago.

Thread is moving fast, but the Habs, more specifically, Hughes, Gorton and St. Louis were granted permission to talk to Laine and made him well aware of the pressure.

He's also been told his success won't be determined in goals scored, but rather he's being brought in to help the team in all areas and aid in the younger players' development.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Huge win for the Habs that is a pretty loaded forward group. Deals only 2 years and I think he’ll play close to his cap hit.

Goalie and D isn’t great but neither is Torontos. Probably a wildcard team now.
Laine being the difference in getting a team to the playoffs is not what I expected to read today.

What year is it rn

Reactions: AvroArrow

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What is Montreal trying to do?

My guess.... it's kind if a black hole up front after Suzuki, caufield, slafkovsky, and dach. Laine comes in cheap and on a short term. If he has a turnaround, he can be dealt for something down the road, or if he ends being a really good fit, they can try keeping him as I think they are planning to take a step next offseason.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Tell me you don't understand the player Montreal is getting without telling me you don't understand the player Montreal is getting.

Hughes didn't rob anyone you got a player that hasn't played 82 games since 2019 with mental health issues that tries half the time on an 8.7 cap hit.
Well if he keeps half trying and stays at that PPG clip i'll be happy.
Looking just at the Habs end of the deal they did very good.
Now if CBJ fans are happy with what they got then we are all good.
Anyone shitting on the Habs for this deal are just, lets just say they don't like the Habs period.

knight23

Aug 13, 2024
Lineup:

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Laine - Dvorak - Demidov
Newhook - Dach - Roy
Evans - A.Koivu - Armia

Laine play first line and second line

Laine/Caufield/Slafkovsky are the team.

Montreal have very talented team.

Montreal will reach the playoff race.

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I think he can play more than 50 but can he be more consistent? he scores in bunches and fades for long long stretches.
prey for no massive Fortnite updates throughout the regular season and if lucky playoffs
I didn’t even mean 50 this season I meant 50 total lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's pretty easy.

1. Columbus is early days in their rebuild. I expect them to be bottom 5 for a couple more seasons.
:facepalm: The CBJ rebuild started one season before Montreal's. The first lost season was the same season the Habs had that Unexpected Last Gasp run to the Cup finals; it got us Kent Johnson and Cole Sillinger.

Reactions: squashmaple

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad