Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You're complaining because he's trusting what YOU wrote about it?

Daring move...

I didn't even mention Gus Nyquist. I certainly didn't say that Gus Nyquist was complaining about Laine.

And as far as I can tell no one said that everyone at the meeting unanimously called for Laine's removal.

So it's pure strawman argument at this point. People will do anything to avoid reading and neutrally evaluating the original reporting.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I didn't even mention Gus Nyquist. I certainly didn't say that Gus Nyquist was complaining about Laine.

And as far as I can tell no one said that everyone at the meeting unanimously called for Laine's removal.

So it's pure strawman argument at this point. People will do anything to avoid reading and neutrally evaluating the original reporting.
And you're doubling down on it...

Reactions: viceroy

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Portzline is talking about his 2020/21 again, but why hasn't he written about other complaints after this season?

On the players leaving that Jarmo supposedly traded because of him. Tell me, what did he do wrong?
  • Jones is playing poorly in Chicago, his defensive issues that he already had last season in Columbus are on full display. And we get K. Johnson and Jiříček for him.
  • Atkinson worsened his play in Philly. We get Voráček, a real leader.
  • For Savard (I don't know if he was one of those players, but he was traded at the time, that's why I'm writing him) and Foligno we got the #1 pick in the draft. From what I'm reading Montreal fans are not thrilled with David.

We played well, but have you looked at the lines to see how the players played back then? Jones was in top form, Panarin was healthy, Bobrovsky was the net, we had good centers, for comparison - Dubois, Foligno, Wennberg, Dubinsky vs Jenner, Roslovic, Sillinger, Kuraly, last season Voronkov and Fantilli.

Also leaders were health.

------

His best seasons were 2021/22 and 2022/23 in Columbus, not in Winnipeg. And I am sure if he didn't have concussion, 2023/24 would be too. With all injuries in the team had 1 PPG and 0,94 PPG was great

Btw, in the 2023/24 season, he stopped trying to drive the puck, and started to pass on partners in moving.

MSL needs to force him to shoot more. It is basic.

Last edited:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
On the players leaving that Jarmo supposedly traded because of him. Tell me, what did he do wrong?
  • Jones is playing poorly in Chicago, his defensive issues that he already had last season in Columbus are on full display. And we get K. Johnson and Jiříček for him.
Not to nitpick, but the 2021 pick from the Jones trade was Sillinger at 12OA. KJ was Columbus' own pick at 5OA, just like Mateychuk at 12OA was in 2022.

Reactions: VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Not to nitpick, but the 2021 pick from the Jones trade was Sillinger at 12OA. KJ was Columbus' own pick at 5OA, just like Mateychuk at 12OA was in 2022.
My mistake, sorry. :) Yes, I know about Mateychuk.
But Sillinger (thanks to exchange of draft spots in the first round) and Jiříček for Jones, it is not bad.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Portzline is talking about his 2020/21 again, but why hasn't he written about other complaints after this season?

• For Savard (I don't know if he was one of those players, but he was traded at the time, that's why I'm writing him) and Foligno we got the #1 pick in the draft. From what I'm reading Montreal fans are not thrilled with David.

We played well, but have you looked at the lines to see how the players played back then? Jones was in top form, Panarin was healthy, Bobrovsky was the net, we had good centers, for comparison - Dubois, Foligno, Wennberg, Dubinsky vs Jenner, Roslovic, Sillinger, Kuraly, last season Voronkov and Fantilli.

------

His best seasons were 2021/22 and 2022/23 in Columbus, not in Winnipeg. And I am sure if he didn't have concussion, 2023/24 would be too. With all injuries in the team had 1 PPG and 0,94 PPG was great

Btw, in the 2023/24 season, he stopped trying to drive the puck, and started to pass on partners in moving.p

Savard is actually loved by most. Great leader, excellent example on the ice. Only convos involving him gone is all Hab prospects coming up on D and needing room + wanting to maximize return so he will likely be gone at the deadline. The rest of the D’s are kids except Matheson so he has his place easily still.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

------

Btw, in the 2023/24 season, he stopped trying to drive the puck, and started to pass on partners in moving.p

Savard's been a great pick-up by the Canadiens and the fanbase likes him a lot.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Who cares.

That's where I'm at with it. We're talking about a player who's actively taken steps to improve his mental health since whatever meeting happened and a team that's been an absolute mess culturally and on the ice. That same Portzline wrote an interesting article a couple years back about how bitter players felt about how cold and crappy dealing with the franchise was.

Big whoop.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Savard's been a great pick-up by the Canadiens and the fanbase likes him a lot.

@Naslundforever
Savard is actually loved by most. Great leader, excellent example on the ice. Only convos involving him gone is all Hab prospects coming up on D and needing room + wanting to maximize return so he will likely be gone at the deadline. The rest of the D’s are kids except Matheson so he has his place easily still.

I am judging by how many fans complained about his defensive mistakes. Of course, I'm not questioning his leadership qualities.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
How will/would Laine handle being on the 2nd line/PP unit, even if that’s where he deserves to be?
Of all the faults that Laine has the powerplay isn't one of them. Since entering the NHL Laine is 20th overall in powerplay goals: NHL Stats
And Laine has played the least amounts of games of all the guys in the top 20. And most of it has been without a proper 1C and 1D that could feed him the puck.

Laine's place is on the first powerplay, it's as simple as that!

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Ask yourself why Torts didn’t want to coach the CBJ anymore, but, would coach in Philly?? Ask yourself, how many other players have any documented arguments on the bench with their coaches??

It’s clear that Torts and all the other coaches were pressured into coddling Laine as much as they possibly could. The amount of coaches he had in Columbus is fascinating, and there’s NO WAY he didn’t have a negative influence on everything. No proof, of course, but, I’m willing to bet Laine was at the center of the Babcock fiasco also, who IMO, the team should have kept around. Our “veteran core” and our best player at the time, Jones, literally asked the organization to trade Laine, and they did the opposite and moved all those guys.

You guys say that Laine is so great and there’s no “proof” of anything, then when the “proof” is actually confirmed by the teams head reporter with actual inside sources and information, it’s gets dismissed entirely…

Jarmo lost his GM job and destroyed the CBJ on-ice product, based on decisions almost entirely related to keeping Laine around on the CBJ. The CBJ team is better off with him off the team, using his cap money for an ACTUAL elite player, or simply having him removed.

I doubt (the majority of) MTL fans make it a full month into the season before they turn on him.
I'd take that bet, easily. See you in a month!

Ask yourself why Torts didn’t want to coach the CBJ anymore, but, would coach in Philly?? Ask yourself, how many other players have any documented arguments on the bench with their coaches??

It’s clear that Torts and all the other coaches were pressured into coddling Laine as much as they possibly could. The amount of coaches he had in Columbus is fascinating, and there’s NO WAY he didn’t have a negative influence on everything. No proof, of course, but, I’m willing to bet Laine was at the center of the Babcock fiasco also, who IMO, the team should have kept around. Our “veteran core” and our best player at the time, Jones, literally asked the organization to trade Laine, and they did the opposite and moved all those guys.

You guys say that Laine is so great and there’s no “proof” of anything, then when the “proof” is actually confirmed by the teams head reporter with actual inside sources and information, it’s gets dismissed entirely…

Jarmo lost his GM job and destroyed the CBJ on-ice product, based on decisions almost entirely related to keeping Laine around on the CBJ. The CBJ team is better off with him off the team, using his cap money for an ACTUAL elite player, or simply having him removed.

I doubt (the majority of) MTL fans make it a full month into the season before they turn on him.
I'd take that bet, easily. See you in a month.
Most habs fans love Savard. We just want to get a 1st round pick at the Trade Deadline. He's been a great leader for the habs.
Yep, Savard is great, Habs fans want to trade him when the youth show that they can replace him in the lineup.

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad