Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I like this. Will be interesting to see if this team can claw themselves into that last playoff spot area if they can stay healthy. Dach and Laine will be two big question marks going into camp imo. If both can find their game this year and stay healthy that changes the complexion of the top 6 and the Habs as a whole quite a bit.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
They already have Cole Canfield who has been a good fit with Suzuki and Slaf. I think Laine will be on the second line with Kirby Dach as his centre.
Yes and maybe next season slotting in Ivan Demidov on the other side.
We are going to have 2 very good lines. Slot in Roy for this season. Then drop Roy to 3rd line with NewHook and Hage.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Laine has a lot of confidence. Almost arrogance -- in a good way. He will be fine in Montréal. I even think he will bask in the limelight.

This is the guy who didn't mind saying he should have been the 1OA over Matthews, like he meant it. Probably still thinks that way.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
I dont understand why cbj was so set on avoiding retention. Theyre almost 20MM under this year and will surely have the space next year too. Obviously the return wouldve been better. Not a laine fan but this could have been handled better

Reactions: bert

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
1724103373602.jpeg

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
We didn't retain. I get it.

Can't see him handling Montreal great but good luck to him.
I can.

Low expectations for team right now, a focus on development and not pressure to compete at all costs, a coach who is known for leadership skills and who cares about his players development, a great development guy in Adam Nicholas and a mental performance coach who has helped others (Joel Armia, Cayden Primeau, etc).

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I'm absolutely baffled that teams like San Jose, Anaheim, Utah to name a few were not willing to take on a bet like this. If you are a team that is just trying to get into the playoffs at max, this is not really a risk with a two year term.

I get it that no contender would be willing to do it for a full caphit (nor could they in most cases), but teams in the bottom tier of the NHL, why the f*** not?
His 10 team ntc

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad