Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Truly would love to see the PLD trade tree review now

Something tells me Winnipeg is an insane winner there
To Winnipeg:
Pierre-Luc Dubois

To Columbus:
Patrik Laine
Jack Roslovic

To Los Angeles
Pierre-Luc Dubois (with 8x8 contract)

To Winnipeg:
Gabe Vilardi
Rasmus Kupari
Alex Iaffalo
2024 2nd round pick (Habs, previously acquired from Arizona for Sean Duzi, previously acquired from Montreal, along with a 1st for Christain Dvorak) Jets selected Alfons Freij

To Los Angeles:
Darcy Kuemper

To Washington:
Pierre-Luc Dubois.

To Columbus:
Jordan Harris

To Montreal:
Patrik Laine
2026 2nd round pick(I'm assuming it's Cbus')

To Columbus:
Conditional 4th round pick(not sure what it became)

To New York Rangers:
Jack Roslovic.

I think the Jets made out like bandits.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm not going to comment on value, who is what player, etc. That's like carting firewood into the woods.

I wish Patrick the best of luck, may he show his potential. :thumbu:

P.S. I'd laugh if Montreal knocked off Toronto in the next PO, and the best player between the two teams would be... Laine. 😎

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I'm absolutely baffled that teams like San Jose, Anaheim, Utah to name a few were not willing to take on a bet like this. If you are a team that is just trying to get into the playoffs at max, this is not really a risk with a two year term.

I get it that no contender would be willing to do it for a full caphit (nor could they in most cases), but teams in the bottom tier of the NHL, why the f*** not?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm convinced Kent Hughes could have traded Ryder + Halak + 2nd for actual value.
Anybody could have; that was actually not too terrible of a package by itself. It's just that "actual value" would not have constituted PPG+ in-his-prime recent Cup champion reigning Rocket Richard holder Vincent Lecavalier.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
It will be incredibly funny to watch the Montreal media turn on him as soon as he goes into a slump though.
That's the neat part: with Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, Dach and Newhook on board (plus Demidov possibly in a year), there is absolutely no pressure on Laine to be a top dog in Montreal.

They want to start climbing up the standings and needed to add a top 6 winger. That's it. That's the story. There is almost zero risk for Montreal here, contrary to the popular narrative.

The upside is that if Laine can get his head straight, they got a top player for basically nothing.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm absolutely baffled that teams like San Jose, Anaheim, Utah to name a few were not willing to take on a bet like this. If you are a team that is just trying to get into the playoffs at max, this is not really a risk with a two year term.

Montreal has the revenues to make spending that kind of REAL money on Laine worth the gamble. San Jose and Anaheim do not. Utah is a question mark, but their payroll has already grown significantly this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad