Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
reads like pretty substantive evidence
I'm trying to be sensitive here given it's speculation over mental health and he hasn't publicly shared anything. I admit I was unaware of the evidence you shared which is strong/substantive, will take the L, and won't debate the matter further.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
neither will play in montreal next year. i think he was projecting the future.
habs have had a steady pt growth the last two years.
they're the youngest team in the league and needed goals.
Laine is a match; they have deep pockets and cap space.
they led league in one goal losses last year; they're D is young and improving...
if Laine can score 25-30, imo, habs will be around the 8th spot.
Oh sure, I get trying to project an organizational depth chart; but the timelines of these players and contracts is so varied.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Take your laugh emoji's and shove em 😀

1724100978888.png

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Harris is a slightly bigger Jacob Bryson. I thought the Jackets would at least get back a prospect like Beck or Mesar or Heineman in the deal plus a body.

Instead they also throw in a 2nd for an undersized third pairing defender?

Woof.

Great flier for the Habs here.

I think the Jackets are better off taking Harris over Mesar or Heineman. He had a down year but I think he will bounce back.

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
I have absolutely no idea if they will and who Montreal will trade for. Let's not forget they also have 2 x 1st next draft and could end up with a lottery pick once again. But it's probably the best situation they've been into since they last won the cup in 93. Tons of picks/prospects and young guys.

I'm quite impressed by the work done by Gorton and Hughes so far. Let's not forget what they've started with...
Oh for sure. There really wasn't many options to improve their secondary scoring (a big point of concern last year) so this could work and if not, they can move Laine at one of the next two TDL's with retention and just pocket the 2nd.

The opportunity cost of their cap space is all they really spent but they also have David Savard to possibly move at TDL and can take back some salary around then if needed.

Reactions: HabsQC

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Harris is 5'11, that's probably the main reason why they didn't care much. No way they would play him and Hutson in the same lineup IMO
Harris is gonna be an nhler tho. I could see him having a career like Nate Schmidt or Jason Demers. Barron is in Europe 2 years from now

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
if you think about it - the blue jackets took Jordan Harris over Auston Matthew's
What? Matthews was off the board before Laine was. Columbus basically got Jordan Harris with the 2016 3OA... which just means they took him over Jesse Puljujarvi. And that's not a bad deal at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Fro and Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad