(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
On the flip side, Pare could've not stuck or his leg and let Laine skate into traffic and nothing wouldd have happened. It's not like he skated head down into a fence post and wrecked his knee himself.
so he was suppose to just let Laine go through? he shifted his weight, and Laine didnt get out of that wide stance as he ran out of room but hey lets blame the guy that stood his ground.

You think this is assault? Lmfao
not assault but for sure not a good look. I cant think of any other situations where a player punched a guy in the back of the lead like that. not since bertuzzi/Moore which thank god Laine's neck was driven into the ice so he could break it

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bertuzzi got like almost 2 years suspension for that by the way, so if he didnt break his neck do u think a fine would have been acceptable?

The point is that he got a 2 year suspension and yet people still get punched in the back of the head.

You can call it justice, but it doesn't seem to work as a deterrent.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yeah well, if the "police' did it's f***ing job in the first place and threw Paré out of the game, Xhekaj wouldn't have to take the matter on his own hands
throw pare out for what? he did nothing wrong. wow way to play victim over this.

The point is that he got a 2 year suspension and yet people still get punched in the back of the head.

You can call it justice, but it doesn't seem to work as a deterrent.
have there been any other examples of players hitting others in the back of the head since? I feel that thats been a no go for a long long time well till now

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
If Xhekaj had clubbed Pare in the head with his stick from behind, I suspect you would see a different punishment.

Complaining about "double standards" when they are two very different situations in the eyes of the NHL doesn't really build credibility.
No... because Rielly didn't club anyone in the head with his stick, so that would in fact be a different situation. But maybe we can just agree that hitting an unsuspecting player in the head from behind, with or without a stick, is a suspendable play. As I recall it was said action that ended a player's career and changed his life forever.

But keep up the galaxy brain justifications. Really teaching all of us common folk how to "build credibility" on this hockey forum.

Jan 21, 2018
It’s a shame that Pare was assaulted and his family received terrible messages from Montreal fans.

We need to step back and remember that hockey is just a game. I wish Laine a speedy recovery and hope that Montreal fans can focus on supporting their players instead.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It’s a shame that Pare was assaulted and his family received terrible messages from Montreal fans.

We need to step back and remember that hockey is just a game. I wish Laine a speedy recovery and hope that Montreal fans can focus on supporting their players instead.

stunning and brave

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lmao Pare really knocked out a full time NHL'er and is now gonna go back to the Marlies or heck, even waived maybe.

Now his family getting death thread from habs fans. Lmao what a way to really make a mark

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Battery. FFS you know exactly what people mean and you're being purposefully obtuse to skirt around what happened.
I’m not being obtuse at all, and it’s not battery either. It’s pretty easy to just not comment on things you don’t know anything about.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I love reading the "it's Laine's fault for trying that and he's got really poor skating" comments. He literally caught Pare flat footed so not sure how it seems like a dumb/low IQ play. Pare acknowledged this when he said he had to do something to stop him which is contrary to what people here say that Laine skated into him.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I’m not being obtuse at all, and it’s not battery either. It’s pretty easy to just not comment on things you don’t know anything about.

Battery is a unlawful physical contact. If this happened on the street it is 100% Battery. Since it was on the ice it would be hard to bring the law in, but the parallel is there.

As for not knowing anything about it, 3 years of studying law before deciding it wasn't best for my mental health says otherwise. Stay in your lane.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Battery is a unlawful physical contact. If this happened on the street it is 100% Battery. Since it was on the ice it would be hard to bring the law in, but the parallel is there.

As for not knowing anything about it, 3 years of studying law before deciding it wasn't best for my mental health says otherwise. Stay in your lane.
It didn’t happen on the street, which is exactly why it’s not battery. It happened in the context of a hockey game. Sounds like a good thing you gave up after 3 years, you wouldn’t have made it in my field.

And yet you have 8000+ posts on hfboards.

Please listen to your own advice and stop commenting, you will get this thread locked with your constant trolling.
“Trolling” = not pretending gloved punches to a helmet is a crime lmfao

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
It didn’t happen on the street, which is exactly why it’s not battery. It happened in the context of a hockey game. Sounds like a good thing you gave up after 3 years, you wouldn’t have made it in my field.

This guy takes any opportunity to flex on a hockey board that he went to law school. Was waiting to see how many posts it'd take. So cringe.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Not shocked you don't understand what drawing a parallel is.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Not shocked you don't understand what drawing a parallel is.
Neither do you because you said that this was both assault and battery lmfao that’s not drawing a parallel

Also “I failed out of law school” has to be the funniest appeal to authority I’ve ever heard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad