(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010

Now this isn't outright saying "yeah I wanted to injure him" but when he said "I had to do something" it means he did something as opposed to the belief that Laine skated into him which is clearly wrong.

Thanks for providing that. Wish we had video of the interaction so we could try and understand the full context -- without the (...) and such -- so we don't have to interpret through text. Hard to tell if he's saying he was just trying to initiate contact (weight transfer to front leg, bending knee for stability while raising his hands to initiate contact) or if his "without doing something" is referring to doing anything possible to initiate contact.

Either way, just a bad situation and outcome, but I appreciate you providing the link.

Reactions: The Great Weal

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for providing that. Wish we had video of the interaction so we could try and understand the full context -- without the (...) and such -- so we don't have to interpret through text. Hard to tell if he's saying he was just trying to initiate contact (weight transfer to front leg, bending knee for stability while raising his hands to initiate contact) or if his "without doing something" is referring to doing anything possible to initiate contact.

Either way, just a bad situation and outcome, but I appreciate you providing the link.
I do think either way it disproves the statement that Laine ran into him and caused it to happen. No context (at least in my books) validates this statement when he says "I can't let him come into our zone without doing something". Now the discussion about whether that is the proper way of preventing someone entering the zone like that is a different discussion, but we can stop pretending that Laine ran into a stationary dman and caused that injury.

Reactions: zoA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad