(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
On the flip side, Pare could've not stuck or his leg and let Laine skate into traffic and nothing wouldd have happened. It's not like he skated head down into a fence post and wrecked his knee himself.
so he was suppose to just let Laine go through? he shifted his weight, and Laine didnt get out of that wide stance as he ran out of room but hey lets blame the guy that stood his ground.

You think this is assault? Lmfao
not assault but for sure not a good look. I cant think of any other situations where a player punched a guy in the back of the lead like that. not since bertuzzi/Moore which thank god Laine's neck was driven into the ice so he could break it

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bertuzzi got like almost 2 years suspension for that by the way, so if he didnt break his neck do u think a fine would have been acceptable?

The point is that he got a 2 year suspension and yet people still get punched in the back of the head.

You can call it justice, but it doesn't seem to work as a deterrent.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yeah well, if the "police' did it's f***ing job in the first place and threw Paré out of the game, Xhekaj wouldn't have to take the matter on his own hands
throw pare out for what? he did nothing wrong. wow way to play victim over this.

The point is that he got a 2 year suspension and yet people still get punched in the back of the head.

You can call it justice, but it doesn't seem to work as a deterrent.
have there been any other examples of players hitting others in the back of the head since? I feel that thats been a no go for a long long time well till now

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
If Xhekaj had clubbed Pare in the head with his stick from behind, I suspect you would see a different punishment.

Complaining about "double standards" when they are two very different situations in the eyes of the NHL doesn't really build credibility.
No... because Rielly didn't club anyone in the head with his stick, so that would in fact be a different situation. But maybe we can just agree that hitting an unsuspecting player in the head from behind, with or without a stick, is a suspendable play. As I recall it was said action that ended a player's career and changed his life forever.

But keep up the galaxy brain justifications. Really teaching all of us common folk how to "build credibility" on this hockey forum.

Jan 21, 2018
It’s a shame that Pare was assaulted and his family received terrible messages from Montreal fans.

We need to step back and remember that hockey is just a game. I wish Laine a speedy recovery and hope that Montreal fans can focus on supporting their players instead.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It’s a shame that Pare was assaulted and his family received terrible messages from Montreal fans.

We need to step back and remember that hockey is just a game. I wish Laine a speedy recovery and hope that Montreal fans can focus on supporting their players instead.

stunning and brave

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lmao Pare really knocked out a full time NHL'er and is now gonna go back to the Marlies or heck, even waived maybe.

Now his family getting death thread from habs fans. Lmao what a way to really make a mark

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I love reading the "it's Laine's fault for trying that and he's got really poor skating" comments. He literally caught Pare flat footed so not sure how it seems like a dumb/low IQ play. Pare acknowledged this when he said he had to do something to stop him which is contrary to what people here say that Laine skated into him.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I’m not being obtuse at all, and it’s not battery either. It’s pretty easy to just not comment on things you don’t know anything about.

Battery is a unlawful physical contact. If this happened on the street it is 100% Battery. Since it was on the ice it would be hard to bring the law in, but the parallel is there.

As for not knowing anything about it, 3 years of studying law before deciding it wasn't best for my mental health says otherwise. Stay in your lane.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
I love reading the "it's Laine's fault for trying that and he's got really poor skating" comments. He literally caught Pare flat footed so not sure how it seems like a dumb/low IQ play. Pare acknowledged this when he said he had to do something to stop him which is contrary to what people here say that Laine skated into him.

Can you post a link to this? I've seen a couple Habs posters recite this story but Pare never said anything like that in his post-game interview. Pare said it wasn't intentional and that he hopes Laine is alright.

Link to post-game interview

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I didn’t say that rebuilding is bad. I said that Montreal is bad at rebuilding.

Some of Montreal’s recent lottery picks:

Kotkaniemi instead of Tkachuk
Slaf instead of Cooley
Reinbacher instead of Michkov

Montreal has been at the bottom of the league for the last 3 seasons and their lottery picks are average at best, they made the wrong decision every time.

At least you will have another opportunity to draft the wrong player with your lottery pick next year lmao

Kotkaniemi was a bad choice.

Slaf and Cooley? Not sure how you figure that one. Slaf had more points than Cooley did in their respective first full years in the league, and adds some much needed size and physicality to the Montreal lineup. Cooley is a great young player but we have enough small guys up front, Slaf adds a lot to our top line.

Reinbacher and Michkov? Neither one has played a regular season NHL game yet, and defensemen historically take longer to develop than forwards. No idea why you’d try to take a lap on that one.

If you want to pick and choose draft choices, your team hasn’t been much better.

How are Juolevi, Virtanen and Podkolzin working out for you? None of them exactly lit the league on fire.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Can you post a link to this? I've seen a couple Habs posters recite this story but Pare never said anything like that in his post-game interview. Pare said it wasn't intentional and that he hopes Laine is alright.

Now this isn't outright saying "yeah I wanted to injure him" but when he said "I had to do something" it means he did something as opposed to the belief that Laine skated into him which is clearly wrong.

Reactions: zoA

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yeah well, he did something wrong, and it was wrong enough for Xhekaj to beat his ass
no I think he deserved to fight just like even though it was an accident as well, Perry fought after. I just dont like the way it was handled. dont wanna see someone down the road get hurt over that cause this turned out to be just a fine.

this really just sucks for Laine but I mean lets be real. he had a 2nd attached to him for a reason. he was bound to get hurt at some point again.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005

I agree it has to stop, but it has nothing to do with Montreal more than any other city around the league. Same thing happens again and again after every dirty hit.

Panthers’ Matheson had death threats after hit on Canucks’ Pettersson​

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

Now this isn't outright saying "yeah I wanted to injure him" but when he said "I had to do something" it means he did something as opposed to the belief that Laine skated into him which is clearly wrong.
he didnt say that at all, I like how they cut out where he said he didnt try to hurt him.
he shifted his weight, so what was he suppose to do then? just let Laine in? Laine should have been more careful as his room as being taken away from him. he didnt have to keep that wide stance the entire time.
it was nothing more than a mistake, Montreal is playing victim wayy too much

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
he didnt say that at all, I like how they cut out where he said he didnt try to hurt him.
he shifted his weight, so what was he suppose to do then? just let Laine in? Laine should have been more careful as his room as being taken away from him. he didnt have to keep that wide stance the entire time.
I don’t get the outrage on both sides, it wasn’t a dirty play and also what Xhekaj did was par for the course

Yet some posters will tell you Pare went out there to take out Laine and some legal scholars will tell you Xhekaj committed a crime

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So if you bothered to read the only sentence I wrote in my post, I never said Pare claimed he wanted to injure him. However, he did say he "had to do something" which is straight from the horse's mouth that it wasn't Laine skating into him which many of you Leaf fans claim happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad