Most overrated player on your favourite team - past or present

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
As much as it pains me to say it, Pavelski is my personal choice
In a recent thread about all time best playoff performers to never win a cup his name was brought up a few times. While Thornton and Marleau are seen as all time underperformers. All three guys had some great series and some awful series, but Thornton and Marleau were better players with harder deployment for most their time together.
Love Pavs though.

Completely disagree. There’s a reason Pavs has the playoff reputation he does, while Thornton and Marleau don’t. Pavs was also excellent defensively, so I’m not sure where your deployment thing comes from. The Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski line was arguably the best Sharks line of all time. Caved teams in possession-wise, and Pavs wasn’t a passenger on it.

My vote would be for Owen Nolan. A beloved figured in Sharks history, and I do miss the power forward era that he was a part of, but he basically had one great season and didn’t lead the team anywhere. Also took tons of dumb, selfish penalties.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Currently, Alex Turcotte appears to have arrived without any fanfare. Can't blame us, every time he is getting closed in on by a defender we clutch our rosaries - can’t wait until that feeling subsides. Modest 4 game streak with a point with outstanding pressure. Love to see it, there is a very good player beneath those injuries.

Edit: somehow the "underrated" thread got merged with the overrated thread. Clearly this post was in the under one.

God forbid there's an extra thread for the completely opposite thread.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I don't think anyone is outrageously overrated on the Jackets right now but if had to choose one it's either Fantilli, Sillinger, Chinakhov or Mateychuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad