Most overrated player on your favourite team - past or present

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
WINGS:

Current: Andrew Crap... eerr Copp. He is the .....

Past: Justin Abdelkader of the current version of the Wings.

Copp is barely a 4th line center. Abby was a 200 pound sack off worthless tied to Pavel's skates.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think Dach is a better player. I think he’s making his way back from injury and shaking off a lot of rust.

Look at Caufield last year…. His shot percentage from mid ice fell by two thirds after his shoulder surgery. Now he’s got 15 goals in his last 15 dating back to last year.

It takes time to recover.
Sad to say but I doubt this is the last time he gets injured. He's a talented player but I don't think he'll ever be a true 1C. At least not from what I saw in Chicago

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sure. I think a $3.3m cap hit represent well his abilities so i have absolutely nothing to say against the guy. He can be useful. I just don't think he's gonna reach anywhere near his ceiling.
I think that’s already true. He’s missed so much time. I think he had an outside shot at being a real first liner but that has passed. I still think he can be. Great second liner but only time will tell.

More than anything he needs 70 games this year. Even if they aren’t productive, he needs to play. Hopefully he improves as he goes along.

Reactions: MoneyManny

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sad to say but I doubt this is the last time he gets injured. He's a talented player but I don't think he'll ever be a true 1C. At least not from what I saw in Chicago
1st liner was always kinda wishful thinking. Lets so how he does. I just hope he can have a healthy year. If he doesn’t… man, I don’t know what happens with him.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Girard on the Avs. Tell me, what does he really do each game? Barely hits the net on any of his shots, plays the most predictable perimeter game. I literally know what he's going to do before he does it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1st liner was always kinda wishful thinking. Lets so how he does. I just hope he can have a healthy year. If he doesn’t… man, I don’t know what happens with him.
If nothing else he's good value back on the draft pick you gave us (13th?). About the best you can hope for when drafting in that range. It remains to be seen if Nazar reaches or exceeds that level.

Dach will be a good middle 6er as long as he's healthy

Reactions: MoneyManny

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
I think that’s already true. He’s missed so much time. I think he had an outside shot at being a real first liner but that has passed. I still think he can be. Great second liner but only time will tell.

More than anything he needs 70 games this year. Even if they aren’t productive, he needs to play. Hopefully he improves as he goes along.
It'd be great if he developed into a productive 2C, but even if he stalls at 3C he's still a pretty useful piece for the cost. He's the last guy we should be worried about.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Probably Chiarot. Absolute dumbass of a hockey player. Wings fans try to say he was good last year, I guess it's true to a certain extent that he was better than the year prior but he's a guy with negative hockey IQ and chemistry with his teammates. He even tries to punch them. He actually has decent tools with his skating and being able to handle the puck so he often goes for a skate in the offensive zone but they always lead to nothing. Even in interviews he mentions he just "plays his game" and doesn't even try to adjust to his partner. As a result, whenever Seider has to play with this bozo he's the one who has to stay back and cover for him. There's a reason every player on the ice plays worse with him, but he's a "vet" so Lalonde isn't going to do anything about it and will always use him in the top 4 as a "stabilizing" presence beside one of the younger D.

I feel like Wings fans don't overrate players too often but if I had to choose players from the past, it would probably be a goalie like Howard or Osgood. No that they were bad by any means but they do tend to get looked back on a bit too favorably because they were the best choice at the time but they are average to above average goalies that were consistent for a long time, which definitely has its value. Being above average certainly isn't a bad thing at all, that's like a top 15-20 goalie in the league.
One of the worst trades the Panthers ever made, and we've had some bad ones.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Yeah, no

Prime Subban was the f***ing man

Aside of Price, he's the best player we had in the last 15
Even as a Sens fan Subban was a lot of fun to watch in his prime with Montreal. Super dynamic. He might not have been the most efficient player in the league, but on pure entertainment few could match him.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I, a Caps fan, long had the opinion that Tom Wilson is overrated, and several years ago I said I thought they should trade him since his perceived value was so high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad